How do you see Tony/Dariush & Chandler/Charles playing out?

FrankDux

Brown Belt
@Brown
Reaction score
I'm rooting for Tony and Chandler...but it won't surprise me one bit if Dariush gets a decision and Charles get's gets a RNC.

Dariush 30-27. Du Bronx 2rd submission...

I agree, Tony-Beneil likely goes to decision. Tony isn’t getting KOed and I don’t see him stopping Beneil either.

Chandler vs. Oliveira is more unpredictable. DoBronx can’t take Chandler down and control him on the ground the way he did with Tony. Nor is Chandler prone to subs like Kevin Lee.

This one stays on the feet and if it hits the ground, Chandler’s top control helps him grind it out to a decision as he did against Yamauchi. Rooting for Oliveira but won’t be surprised if Chandler pulls it off.

I agree, Tony-Beneil likely goes to decision. Tony isn’t getting KOed and I don’t see him stopping Beneil either.

Chandler vs. Oliveira is more unpredictable. DoBronx can’t take Chandler down and control him on the ground the way he did with Tony. Nor is Chandler prone to subs like Kevin Lee.

This one stays on the feet and if it hits the ground, Chandler’s top control helps him grind it out to a decision as he did against Yamauchi. Rooting for Oliveira but won’t be surprised if Chandler pulls it off.
Chandler has never lost by sub... So I don't see them rolling around doing a BJJ contest... more like something high level/slick by Charles during an early scramble that catches him off guard...

I get the strange feeling Tony KO's Benny. Benny can get suckered into a firefight and god knows how Tony's hands will look with the help of Freddie Roach.
As for Charles, am I the only one who thinks he might pull another stunt. He's definitely improved since the Felder ass whoopin but I see him getting hurt and not being able to pull himself out of his own head and Chandler will submit him with strikes.

I think it's safe to say that Tony's days of being a top contender at 155lbs are gone. I'm sure he can beat most guys outside the top 10, but Dariush isn't one of them. As for Oliveira/Chandler, that's a pick'em for me. Both guys have power, and both are susceptible to being KOed. Gun to my head, I have to pick Chandler; he's faster than Do Bronx, and I don't see him giving up a submission.

Chandler looks like the guy. He looked like the guy before but now with all the experience, formidable.
Dariush's time, Tony's too shop-worn.

no idea how it goes but it ends up with Tony losing at the end.

As much as I love Tony.
Dariush Decision and Oliveira SUB

Going Benny and Oli!

Fan off all 4 guys and making picks is hair splittin!

I’m going Beneil Dariush by KO/TKO. I just think his power will be too much for present day Tony to handle. I’m leaning more towards it being a GNP type knockout than on the feet.

Chandler-Oliveira is a toss-up in my books. I do think Charles is overall the more complete fighter but Chandler, just like Ngannou, has got a hell of an equalizer which is his explosively and power. This fight has a high chance of being a brawl imo and I just think Chandler is more tested in dog fights than Oliveira who has shown us that he can quit. Going with Chandler by KO in the later rounds.

I'm rooting for Tony and Chandler...but it won't surprise me one bit if Dariush gets a decision and Charles get's gets a RNC.
I like Dariush, I think Tony's on the decline. I think Chandler puts a beating on Oliveira.

Back