How do you say "mixed martial arts" in Spanish?

G

Guestx

I'm studying Spanish and so of course I'll want to know how to refer to the sport I love.

Also, how do Spanish speakers pronounce "MMA"? Do you pronounce it like it's said in English or like "eme eme ah," using the Spanish alphabet?

yeah its MMA eme eme ah ... if you say the letters..

but if you mean "mixed martial arts"

I say "coktel de arte marciales" or "menudo de arte marciales"

or "combinaciones de artes marciales"

so you study spanish and this is a problem? lol

ok you say it like this: "Artes marciales mixtas" or "Artes marciales combinadas" o "soy el peor estudiante de espanol"

so you study spanish and this is a problem? lol

Well I'm thinking there has to be some standardized term.

I mean, if I were to go to a Guatemalan MMA forum or read about the sport in a Columbian MMA publication, what would they call it?

It's not like in the US one guy is calling it "mixed martial arts" while someone else calls it "combination martial arts" and someone else calls is "thrown together fighting styles."

If you go to the UFC.com website you can pick which country you're from. Just choose Latin America. All the articles from Spanish. the first one I clicked on answers your question.

Oh, awesome! Good research there. I guess that settles it.

I found a Yahoo Answers post where they called it "combinaciones de artes marciales," but that just sounded too literal. It wasn't concise enough to be spoken comfortably and I figured that the "official" term would be something that commentators could easily throw out.

Quiero dormir con su madre. Is a good start.

How long does your presentation have to be?

I'm studying Spanish and so of course I'll want to know how to refer to the sport I love.

Also, how do Spanish speakers pronounce "MMA"? Do you pronounce it like it's said in English or like "eme eme ah," using the Spanish alphabet?

Yup it is "eme eme ah" or AMM (Artes MArciales Mixtas) there are some guys that cal it "Vale Todo".

yeah its MMA eme eme ah ... if you say the letters..

but if you mean "mixed martial arts"

I say "coktel de arte marciales" or "menudo de arte marciales"

or "combinaciones de artes marciales"

Lol your terms are hilariously stupid.

It's just artes marciales mixtas or eme eme a, which is the english acronym said in spanish.

lol, wtf?

lol I spit all over my keyboard because of this you sly, sly bastard.

I'm not a Spanish speaker. in fact, I'm a stupid white kid from Texas. But I asked my Spanish teacher how to say it and she said something like "martial artes mixtas".

I'm not a Spanish speaker. in fact, I'm a stupid white kid from Texas. But I asked my Spanish teacher how to say it and she said something like "martial artes mixtas".

Tell her I said she doesnt know shit of Spanish. Go on; tell her.

lol I spit all over my keyboard because of this you sly, sly bastard.

Sorry man; but come on ****tail and Menudo, what is that guy thinking?

How about:: "Consome de Artes Marciales" lol

Back