How do you manage your money/budget structure

In practice it's not comparing apples to apples. It's analogous to car leasing vs. purchase only far more distorted. People rent cars they can afford while they lease cars they could not afford to purchase.

Did you mean "buy" there? If so, I'm really not following. I would think the exact opposite with homes.

I avoid commercials like the plague.

1. I don't watch TV, I DL TV shows with ads edited out.
2. I don't read publications with ads in them. I get my news online.
3. I install all kinds of script/ad blocking stuff that I barely get any unwanted ads if any.

By just doing those things, I pretty much don't trigger any impulse to buy things I want. The impulse to make any purchases are trigger by actual needs, and consideration would be much more logical this way.

Since I nab the bad habit of buying useless shit at its roots, I don't even feel like I am trying to manage or curb my spending at all.

tumblr_mazzbfHnRf1qzpm3ho1_500.jpg

A little of this, I have direct debits set up so that all of my bills are paid the second i get paid, i pay into a pension and stuff and I make sure I fill my car with petrol to get to and from work for the month and buy enough food to see me through then i go mental with what ever is left.

Back