How do you know someone's a big PPV draw??

bjjwar

Brown Belt
@Brown
Reaction score
I always hear people saying,this or that guy is a big draw.How do people know who's a big draw or not?Many guys also watch the event for free in sporttv,combate.Then there are guys who download it etc...

With GSP and Brock it was very clear that they were the "main attraction" of the cards and people tuned in to see them.

But for example UFC 175 will probably have good numbers and Dana will say it's because of Ronda,but you have Weidman,the guy that dethroned Silva vs Machida( a former LHW champ and loved by many).

Then you also have Chael and Wanderlei who'll maybe fight on the same card who are really big draws and have fans all over the world.

Faber is also on that card.

You also have to take into consideration that maybe some people have other things to do Saturday or the day after and will miss a specific card.

So how do people know who's a big draw or not.I mean you could always find yourself on a card where people only bought it to watch another guy of the main card for example and you'll be considered a big draw because the numbers on your card will do great.How does it work?

Well Ronda is a star as she can draw 400k ppv buyers when there is 0 interest in her opponent.

Weidman will be like Hendricks a 300-400k draw I believe without a strong undercard.Machida has never been a big ppv draw on his own.But in short people wont buy a ppv if the main event sucks

Multivariate statistical analysis such as principal components analysis or multiple linear or non-linear regression of various factors such as webometrics (Facebook likes, Twitter followers, etc.), PPV buys & gate sales for each card they are on. A relative index can be created that is "unitless" so in effect they can all be compared with each other if all variables are taken into account the same and weighted the same.

Back