How do you guys make edibles?

FootstompShonie

Silver Belt
@Silver
Reaction score
As someone who lives in Seattle, WA and has had weed readily accessible legal and otherwise since Jr. High. I noticed both locally and online edibles seem to be made in tons of different ways with no consensus on what works best.

I’ve made firecrackers in the oven (peanut butter/crackers with grinded weed) and never thought they did much despite a lot of people swearing by them.

I’ve made butter/oil in a little less than a dozen ways, decarbed (baking weed) at various temperatures, etc.

The formula I’ve settled on is decarbing at about 240 for 15 minutes. Putting in the freezer till fully cooled, then double-boiling in coconut oil at a low simmer for a few hours.

This seems to create the most potent edibles/oil I’ve had.

What do you guys do? Of all things marijuana-based this seems to vary the most. Some people say they don’t even feel edibles (which I believe is because they do store bought, for a daily user like me 10mg a dose literally is like taking 1/10th an Advil).

I used to make brownies with coconut oil, you need to cook the marijuana with the heat on low (or else you'll burn the oil and the weed) until the weed starts turning brown, then filter the oil out, you can add that oil to any recipe you desire. You can use other types of oils or even butter, the key is that THC stores in any fat soluble when you cook it.

I've never done it, but I'm about to. I've got a bunch of trim and scraps from a harvest that I'm going to use for cooking.

I'm looking in to various methods, but the one you posted in the OP seems to me to be the best idea. Butter works too, but is easier to burn and fuck up. Coconut oil is hardier and is a bit more versatile in terms of use.

Looking forward to experimenting. The only thing I'm not looking forward to is my house absolutely reeking of weed while I do it.

Get the dolphin on the left and the dolphin on the right to chew on the pufferfish for a few minutes each, then throw that bitch in the oven at 350 for 10 minutes.

The first thing to remember is you're all under arrest.

I always thought firecrackers were bullshit placebos. I wasted money on it everytime. People said they were feeling it, but that was bullshit to get out of cleaning up the mess.

I've done the butter, stovetop, and strainers method. It worked everytime, and is a lot easier to control the amount of thc that actually gets sent into the food I'm making. Firecrackers was a toss up and never really did shit.

Now the dispensaries have the candy with shatter in it that fux you up, lebowski. They takes the money and calls it even.
choco.jpg

I've never done it, but I'm about to. I've got a bunch of trim and scraps from a harvest that I'm going to use for cooking.

I'm looking in to various methods, but the one you posted in the OP seems to me to be the best idea. Butter works too, but is easier to burn and fuck up. Coconut oil is hardier and is a bit more versatile in terms of use.

Looking forward to experimenting. The only thing I'm not looking forward to is my house absolutely reeking of weed while I do it.
Don’t worry I live in an apartment and it never smells too bad. If it starts stinking like weed it’s getting too hot and burning off the thc.

Just do low and slow, it’s worth the wait rather than rushing it and making them weak.

I always thought firecrackers were bullshit placebos. I wasted money on it everytime. People said they were feeling it, but that was bullshit to get out of cleaning up the mess.

I've done the butter, stovetop, and strainers method. It worked everytime, and is a lot easier to control the amount of thc that actually gets sent into the food I'm making. Firecrackers was a toss up and never really did shit.

I agree I just don’t think firecrackers work, or it they do it’s a really low amount of thc that remains.

You don't!

Take a drink like the other non drug users!

I tried making chocolate bar edibles with 2 grams of shatter but nothing happened :(. I don’t think I decarboxed it properly.

Kushy Punch is the best edible brand I’ve ever had and they use concentrate to make their stuff. It’s CA exclusive I think. My other favorite Brand was korova and they sold legit high dosages (500-1000mg), but thanks to prop 64 they only make shitty overpriced 100mg cookies now.

I tried making chocolate bar edibles with 2 grams of shatter but nothing happened :(. I don’t think I decarboxed it properly.

Kushy Punch is the best edible brand I’ve ever had and they use concentrate to make their stuff. It’s CA exclusive I think. My other favorite Brand was korova and they sold legit high dosages (500-1000mg), but thanks to prop 64 they only make shitty overpriced 100mg cookies now.
You’re lucky! In Washington doses can only be 10mg and only 100mg in an entire package. They really fucked up.

I have to eat 10 cookie to get 100mg which for a daily user isn’t even close to strong. And obviously no one is gonna eat 10 cookies.

Just get the automatic "butter" maker. It's so easy.
The Magical Butter Machine, yes it works very well but you need a lot of product (an ounce or so) and it makes like 2 cups of oil so unless you’re making a ton of brownies or whatever you have to store a lot of it.

Plus gotta remember to decarb first, at first they claimed the machine could decarb for you which is BS (they’ve since added instructions that you do in fact need to decade first).

The Magical Butter Machine, yes it works very well but you need a lot of product (an ounce or so) and it makes like 2 cups of oil so unless you’re making a ton of brownies or whatever you have to store a lot of it.

Plus gotta remember to decarb first, at first they claimed the machine could decarb for you which is BS (they’ve since added instructions that you do in fact need to decade first).
They have a decarb kit that works great.

decarb a single dose 15m ]@ 250 cook in cocunut oil, ground up, 20m@300 (toaster oven, cuz it cooks faster than a regular oven)

pour into cold water and drink immediately for a 10 hour high, does take almost 2 hours to hit.
instead of smoking the same amount for a 2 hour high
for some reason its most potent immediately and loses potency once cooled.

i think firecrackers fail cuz its weed sitting on top of peanut butter, and it doesnt have much of the nuggets soaking fully in the oil, so it cant absorb much thc

Back