How do you get out of seatbelt position?

S

Splatterbeast

When the guy has both hooks in you and is locked up behind you trying to choke you out? I'm sure they'll cover this in class eventually I just want to be a lil bit ahead of the game :D thanks

I usually just protect my neck and try to get the person to slide higher up my back and look to escape out the back door.

Im sure there are better ways, but Im a noob and in Judo you kinda just stall and the ref lets you up after 5 seconds. Stupid rule.

Obviously against good grapplers, it's one of the worst positions to be in.

Fall towards the arm on the bottom, protect your neck, simultaneously trying to remove a hook and getting your hips on the ground.

1. have a strong neck - I can tuck my neck and keep from getting RNC'd without using my hands.
2. with one hand press down on his knee and pop your leg out from his hook.
3. get your hip on the ground and shrimp away
4. keep your free hand in position to post on your opponent if need be

usually your opponent will attempt to scramble to mount, in which case i found it best to pull half guard.

From half guard look for the lockdown, whip up and then start your sweeps

1. have a strong neck - I can tuck my neck and keep from getting RNC'd without using my hands.
2. with one hand press down on his knee and pop your leg out from his hook.
3. get your hip on the ground and shrimp away
Dangerous. You run the risk of getting your arm trapped by one of his hooks when you reach down (a la BJ Penn).

You want to do #3 before you do #2, and you should always protect your neck. Just tucking your chin in stops working after blue...

Saulo Ribiero has a great Youtube on this escape, would post but am at work and am blocked from Youtube.

Drilled it wednesday night and it's really, really solid.

Cross your hands in front of your neck, one thumb in the collar, one out.
Use your legs and hips to pull yourself down relative to the other guy so that the back of your head is in their mid-chest.
With the elbow connected to the hand not in the collar, put lateral pressure on the inside of their knee.
Kick that leg out straight and drop that elbow to the floor to prevent re-hook.
Escape hips towards the side you freed up.
Secure other leg (the remaining hook) and roll over it, keeping lots of weight on it to kill their mobility and pass into side control

Saulo Ribiero has a great Youtube on this escape, would post but am at work and am blocked from Youtube.

Drilled it wednesday night and it's really, really solid.

Cross your hands in front of your neck, one thumb in the collar, one out.
Use your legs and hips to pull yourself down relative to the other guy so that the back of your head is in their mid-chest.
With the elbow connected to the hand not in the collar, put lateral pressure on the inside of their knee.
Kick that leg out straight and drop that elbow to the floor to prevent re-hook.
Escape hips towards the side you freed up.
Secure other leg (the remaining hook) and roll over it, keeping lots of weight on it to kill their mobility and pass into side control

I believe he calls this "the scoop" in Jiu Jitsu University.

Im sure there are better ways, but Im a noob and in Judo you kinda just stall and the ref lets you up after 5 seconds. Stupid rule.

In Judo, the ref will stand you up and restart the match when you're in back control with both hooks in? WTF?!

OK, I quit Judo, only doing BJJ from now on

Obviously against good grapplers, it's one of the worst positions to be in.

Fall towards the arm on the bottom, protect your neck, simultaneously trying to remove a hook and getting your hips on the ground.

This is definetely the best option to escape from the back, then try to roll into the top of closed guard. At the very worst you'll end up in half guard.

If someone has a really tight seatbelt you'll have a tough time. When I go against someone like this I usually throw back with all my strength and try to secure the arm for the wrong side escape. It's really risky, but I find it ends me up in half guard atleast 60% of the time if I don't stall too long.

Aside from keeping your chin down, turn your head to the side to prevent a choke attempt from even being effective. But definitely get your hips to the ground first and turn into your opponent.

Keeping your chin down really just delays the inevitable. To me it's the equivalent of defending the armbar by locking your hands.

Push the little red button. Har har.

I suggest leaving the seatbelt on. It could save your life

Seatbelt. That's as beautiful a word as "schoolbag".

In Judo, the ref will stand you up and restart the match when you're in back control with both hooks in? WTF?!

OK, I quit Judo, only doing BJJ from now on

zomg, they make us fight from our knees in BJJ.

OK, I quit BJJ, only doing Judo from now on. :icon_neut

Back