How do you feel in the head?

kyhu

White Belt
Reaction score
I met an amateur boxer once at work. He said "Yea, I used to box. It's why my head is so f'd up."

I for one have been hit in the head mannnny times. I feel slight cramps on the side of my head sometimes where I was hit I want to say..

I was also hit hard in the ear once too, and have tinnitus. Unfortunately.

I want to say my memory is not as strong as it used to be, but is still decent.

Well anyways, for people that have been punched in the head many times as well, How does your head feel?

Last edited:
The scars on my face and head are souvenirs I'll never loose. The past is never far. I try to repress it. I try to hold it back. I try to deny it. But it still continues to grow... stronger, and stronger. Like a malignant cancer, that can't be satiated. Each of us manifests our pain in different manners. Whether it's three in the morning in bed... tears in one's eye. Whether it's a need to destroy everything beautiful, or just simply shutting one's self off from society. My coach never gave me what I needed, so I understand what it's like to do without. You should understand this, they should understand this. They should feel my pain. Why can't they understand, they did this to me

But can you help me I'm bent. I'm afraid that I'll never get put back together. Fear has driven me before and it seems to be the way that everyone else gets around, but lately I'm beginning to realize that when I drive myself my light is found. I mean, no one told me when to run. I missed the starting gun. So I run and I run and try to catch up to the sun but its sinking. Racing around to come up behind me again. See, the sun is the same in a relative way but I'm older, shorter of breath and one day closer to death.

But can you help me I'm bent. I'm afraid that I'll never get put back together. Fear has driven me before and it seems to be the way that everyone else gets around, but lately I'm beginning to realize that when I drive myself my light is found. I mean, no one told me when to run. I missed the starting gun. So I run and I run and try to catch up to the sun but its sinking. Racing around to come up behind me again. See, the sun is the same in a relative way but I'm older, shorter of breath and one day closer to death.

pink floyd and matchbox 20 in the same paragraph. i'm not sure if that's sacrilege or brilliance. made me laugh though. i was all like, what the fuck is going on, until i realised i was just ticking away the moments that make up a dull day. i wish that i was bent, but my money is spent, so i just sit trolling away.

Taken plenty of shots to the head, very few on the jaw. I feel fine.

Am a blown up boxing LHW (i.e. 175, MMA WW) who took a medium force overhand right from an actual HW on the jaw in sparring once, had a mild headache on the same side as where the punch landed for ~10min after. I had absolutely no problems driving or with memory loss immediately afterward though, I mean I literally remember exactly what happened and where I was and the year all that so I couldn't have been too fucked up.

But yeah, fuck weight classes bruh

Last edited:
pink floyd and matchbox 20 in the same paragraph. i'm not sure if that's sacrilege or brilliance. made me laugh though. i was all like, what the fuck is going on, until i realised i was just ticking away the moments that make up a dull day. i wish that i was bent, but my money is spent, so i just sit trolling away.

And Incubus

ive taken some good hits when i was younger (12-16) people say i talk slow sometimes and i find it hard to focus, but im not sure if thats all from getting hit. other than that i havent noticed anything.

You mean getting punched in the head might have adverse effects?

YOLO

I've never felt off, but I've also never taken any real damage from a punch to the head in boxing, superficially at least (only had one black eye, and I gave that to myself...).

My first boxing coach though, was in his early 30's, and he had a Christmas video his family took a few years prior. When I met him (very early 30's) he had just the slightest slurring of his words and if you weren't listening for it you'd think he had a very minor lisp/speech impediment, but this vid of him in his mid 20's when he was competing...wow. I could not understand more than one out of every 3 words, and there was no way i could follow along with what he was talking about.

He said it happened over a few years, gradually, but faster than it does for most, and he never realized how bad it had gotten until after he stopped competing. That's the wildest example of damage I've personally encountered in real life.

I've never felt off, but I've also never taken any real damage from a punch to the head in boxing, superficially at least (only had one black eye, and I gave that to myself...).

My first boxing coach though, was in his early 30's, and he had a Christmas video his family took a few years prior. When I met him (very early 30's) he had just the slightest slurring of his words and if you weren't listening for it you'd think he had a very minor lisp/speech impediment, but this vid of him in his mid 20's when he was competing...wow. I could not understand more than one out of every 3 words, and there was no way i could follow along with what he was talking about.

He said it happened over a few years, gradually, but faster than it does for most, and he never realized how bad it had gotten until after he stopped competing. That's the wildest example of damage I've personally encountered in real life.
that's interesting, good for him. it seems to me the general cut and thrust is that these effects are cumulative and relatively permanent, not something that can get markedly better (unless its the effects of a recent concussion or something) over time.

The scars on my face and head are souvenirs I'll never loose. The past is never far. I try to repress it. I try to hold it back. I try to deny it. But it still continues to grow... stronger, and stronger. Like a malignant cancer, that can't be satiated. Each of us manifests our pain in different manners. Whether it's three in the morning in bed... tears in one's eye. Whether it's a need to destroy everything beautiful, or just simply shutting one's self off from society. My coach never gave me what I needed, so I understand what it's like to do without. You should understand this, they should understand this. They should feel my pain. Why can't they understand, they did this to me

amazing start to the thread

Never had a problem more than a light headache or racing thoughts. When I stop schooling people in mass debates I'll worry.

My depression is basically cured now I beat everyone I've fought and sired twins(one boy, one girl). It came down to insecurity and lack of social regard, feelings of not being taken seriously, self doubt.

Now I'm golden.. And want to fight less. Guess I don't have shit to prove and I'm thinking of being home for the nippers. Training camps are a no no for the foreseeable. Never gonna stop training and sparring hard (safely) though. Need that buzz and love the game.

After sparring- nothing ever lasted more than a day. If it's bad, I feel dizzy and slight nausea. Usually, my head is tender on some spots.

How many amateur fights did he have? Some people have had a LOT of fights.

After sparring- nothing ever lasted more than a day. If it's bad, I feel dizzy and slight nausea. Usually, my head is tender on some spots.

How many amateur fights did he have? Some people have had a LOT of fights.

Idk, he didn't say

Never had a problem more than a light headache or racing thoughts. When I stop schooling people in mass debates I'll worry.

My depression is basically cured now I beat everyone I've fought and sired twins(one boy, one girl). It came down to insecurity and lack of social regard, feelings of not being taken seriously, self doubt.

Now I'm golden.. And want to fight less. Guess I don't have shit to prove and I'm thinking of being home for the nippers. Training camps are a no no for the foreseeable. Never gonna stop training and sparring hard (safely) though. Need that buzz and love the game.

Sounds like you're ready to settle into an exciting career in coaching/managing/instructing. Time to share what you've earned.

Edit: I'm a little more forgetful than in my pre training days. I'm careful in training and sparring and have only had one or two minor concussions

Back