• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

How do you feel about GSP tapping to strikes?

Azeroth Adventurer

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
From what I've seen the majority of fans are torn between believing that it doesn't mean anything while others say that tapping to strikes against a smaller opponent as the defending champion lessens GSP's status as one of the greats

I personally don't take it too seriously because anything can happen in MMA. What do you guys think?

gif8.gif

Once? In light of his whole career and the fact he has been on record saying he was mentally fucked before the fight and wound up getting a sports psychologist and came back stronger? He's fine. People shit on him for tapping but excuse those that quit on the stool.

its pretty disgraceful to be honest. It wouldnt be if he were injured during the fight and needed to get out of there to save himself from further injury, but he tapped to a journeyman lw in his first title defense. Its such a bad look and yes it definitely taints his legacy.

Shit happends it doesn't take away from his goatness

I don’t really care but you’re going to get a bunch of sensitive GSP fans in here crying.

Shouldve accept it his ass whooping, and take it like a man

ffs he was only trying to tell Big John a knock knock joke about riddum

- Tapping cause someone is putting you to sleep = is normal.
- Tapping cause someone is plastering your brain across the canvas = pussy move.

I'll never understand that
its because there a load of internet tough guys on here who have never been in a childhood scrap let alone a top tier fight who would have no idea what it would be like having someone raining blows on your melon while you are helpless to stop

Back