How do you defeat the X-pass?

IronCage**

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
The X-Pass is the reason I hate rolling with a gi. I learned different techniques on how to defeat the X-pass but I am wondering what works for everybody?

If he got control of your legs holding the gi pants, what is your reaction to prevent him from passing?

Never let him control your pants. If he does, break the grip. (pull your knee up to your hand, grab his sleeve, kick your leg out). then keep control of his sleeve so that he doesn't grab your pants again.

Switch to sitting guard immediately! Sit up, scoot your butt back and grab a collar and sleeve. From there start working sweeps. There are plenty from there.

If your opponent controls your legs, sit up and grab his collar. If he controls your collar, lay back and attack his legs.

Switch to sitting guard immediately! Sit up, scoot your butt back and grab a collar and sleeve. From there start working sweeps. There are plenty from there.

If your opponent controls your legs, sit up and grab his collar. If he controls your collar, lay back and attack his legs.

also push the head down

Are you sure you know what the X-Pass is?

The standard X-pass by Saulo is very easy to defend, just grab the ankle. But be careful if you do that, Saulo has a "negative" counter for that. ;)

Sit up and break the grip before your opponent can control the pants.

Back