Resolved How do we link Gifs?

LiQuiD42

Silver Belt
Platinum Member
Reaction score
How do we link gifs on to the new site? This might have been posted already, I tried the search function but it’s still not working.

I like a lot of the new features, some not so much but it’s nothing I cannot get used to. Keep up the great job that you all do!!

Tumblr: Image
I always just dragged them, but I'm on a laptop.

Click insert image (landscape button) then click by url
ta1Pj4x.png

Then paste the url here. Make sure it's .gif, not .mp4 or anything
ugn6KjN.png

You'll get this.

wwkEYfe.gif

- You can also resize gifs now. Just click the gif while you're editing and move the borders

wwkEYfe.gif

wwkEYfe.gif

wwkEYfe.gif

The upgrade isn't done and will continue in the next coming days. The "right click + copy image, then paste" option should be back. It's more convenient.

Click insert image (landscape button) then click by url
ta1Pj4x.png

Then paste the url here. Make sure it's .gif, not .mp4 or anything
ugn6KjN.png

You'll get this.

wwkEYfe.gif

- You can also resize gifs now. Just click the gif while you're editing and move the borders

wwkEYfe.gif

wwkEYfe.gif

wwkEYfe.gif

The upgrade isn't done and will continue in the next coming days. The "right click + copy image, then paste" option should be back. It's more convenient.

Props for using the Sexiest Man alive in your example.

On android I paste directly into post like a youtube link.

For some reason gifs are not loading on posts, but in preview, or reply... your gif appears.
When posted, broken link again. Not all gifs, but random ones like this one.
Kowboy's gif appears fine on his post.

(on desktop, brave browser)
Same, whatsup with that?

Yeah. When you click the image button there will be an option above the drag area to enter a URL. Click on it and you can paste the address.
It works, but it's way more of a pain in the ass than before. Hopefully they can make it like it used to be, where we just copy/paste the gif.

Testing testing

giphy.gif

wonder when the image and media function will return.

I got nothing.

Back