How do they want you to grapple

pinned31

Orange Belt
Reaction score
Going to a tryout this weekend for a chance to be on a fight card, what kind of grappling are they looking for, technical? explosive? do they usually start standing up or knees? is being on the bottom considered not good for tryouts?

Thanks

People holding the interview, promoters? fight match makers etc? Never been to one don't really know who does the interview

What kind of fight card are you talking about? I assume MMA but you didn't really say.

I don't really know for sure, but if I had to guess I would think they are looking for whatever type of grappling that spectators want to see. Explosive scrambling for takedowns and subs. Probobly not slow, methodical bjj.

This should be easy. Big huge spectacular throws, monster GnP from top guard, fast action and scrambling. No stalling, lots of cool acrobatic submission attempts. You know...the kind of crap Dana White likes to see.

Where is this event being held? Is it sanctioned? I have never heard of "grappling tryouts" to be on a fight card.

Where is this event being held? Is it sanctioned? I have never heard of "grappling tryouts" to be on a fight card.

I've heard of some ammy shows having an actual grappling exhibition between fights, or the transition from undercard/main card, etc. That may be what he's referring to

The winner of the tryout gets a guarenteed spot on their upcoming fight card September 4th, it will consist of padwork, live rolling, and interview

Back