• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

How do I improve my mindset?

MMAISLIFE23

White Belt
@White
Reaction score
I’ve always loved training MMA and I’m pretty good for how many years I have been doing it but I just feel like I struggle with too much self doubt and fear to actually get in the cage properly, any tips on improving my mindset?

You're going to be nervous , probably won't sleep... like in any sport.

But Forrest said it best. Once you get punched in the face you know you're in a fight.

giphy.gif

Reactions: Gio
I’ve always loved training MMA and I’m pretty good for how many years I have been doing it but I just feel like I struggle with too much self doubt and fear to actually get in the cage properly, any tips on improving my mindset?

Motivational quotes and inspirational videos actually helps in a way.

If anything makes you feel fear/ anxious just do it there and then. The satisfaction from conquering it far outweighs the fear/ anxiety beforehand

Meditation with visualisation and deep breathing before has always put me in a good head space. It's even useful in defeat, as I didn't feel so much like a POS

Back