How do boxers/kickboxers break in their brand new fight gloves

biscuitsbrah

Amateur Fighter
@Gold
Reaction score
I mean right before a fight do their trainers really just massage and play with the glove? And they just fight with stiff ass gloves? Do they come mostly broken in somehow?

I feel like no matter the quality, the gloves need to be used for at least a couple weeks for them to feel even remotely broken in.

Anyone know?

We fold, bend, and twist on them. We’re trying to break up the padding as much as possible so they’re comfortable and more of the knuckles come through. They’re only padded enough to protect your hands and are pretty small in general so they don’t feel nearly as stiff as 14-16oz sparring gloves

I usually just kinda stomp on them after cutting the connection plastic between thumb and others

Stretch them. Bend them, then step on them

We fold, bend, and twist on them. We’re trying to break up the padding as much as possible so they’re comfortable and more of the knuckles come through. They’re only padded enough to protect your hands and are pretty small in general so they don’t feel nearly as stiff as 14-16oz sparring gloves
So they still are stiff but just not as bad. I guess when you compete in brand new fight gloves it’s never fully broken in

So they still are stiff but just not as bad. I guess when you compete in brand new fight gloves it’s never fully broken in
some pro fight gloves are going to be stiffer than others, like a glove with horsehair is going to likely be more flexible than an all foam glove

Don House helped me out my first time cornering in a major promotion... showed some cool tricks like turning the glove inside out and some other shit

ufc gloves were stiff as shit
Pfl gloves were a tad bit better
Never cornered in bellator yet

Don House helped me out my first time cornering in a major promotion... showed some cool tricks like turning the glove inside out and some other shit

ufc gloves were stiff as shit
Pfl gloves were a tad bit better
Never cornered in bellator yet
bellator are my favorite. They’re pre curved and easy to get on. Those UFC fight gloves are trash

I mean right before a fight do their trainers really just massage and play with the glove? And they just fight with stiff ass gloves? Do they come mostly broken in somehow?

I feel like no matter the quality, the gloves need to be used for at least a couple weeks for them to feel even remotely broken in.

Anyone know?

you talking mma gloves or boxing gloves? I suppose it would roughly be the same regardless......but yeah do what doctortaco said to do.......I would do the same......got the trick from Mike Tyson. I would try to wear the knuckle out.

I am a bit confused though, it seems like your talking about wearing your own gloves for a fight? Gloves were always provided in all the fights I had.

bellator are my favorite. They’re pre curved and easy to get on. Those UFC fight gloves are trash
The hardest mma gloves I wear were from ACB. That’s two fucking bricks on your hands.

you talking mma gloves or boxing gloves? I suppose it would roughly be the same regardless......but yeah do what doctortaco said to do.......I would do the same......got the trick from Mike Tyson. I would try to wear the knuckle out.

I am a bit confused though, it seems like your talking about wearing your own gloves for a fight? Gloves were always provided in all the fights I had.
amateur you bring you’re own and they’re inspected by the commission for weight and to make sure they aren’t too worn out. Pros they provide the gloves for you

amateur you bring you’re own and they’re inspected by the commission for weight and to make sure they aren’t too worn out. Pros they provide the gloves for you

You must be referring to MMA than right?

after using all the top thai brands, as well as many others, Twins is my favorit. I feel they make the best equipment and designs.

You must be referring to MMA than right?

after using all the top thai brands, as well as many others, Twins is my favorit. I feel they make the best equipment and designs.
mma and boxing. Sanctioned ammy boxing events require you to bring your own gloves but they have to be official USA boxing gloves and meet the proper specs

Sanctioned ammy boxing events require you to bring your own gloves but they have to be official USA boxing gloves and meet the proper specs
No AIBA holo-labels? In 00s, when I started to box, it was a pain in the arse - we needed to buy exactly pacistani Green Hill shit with AIBA holo on them or no official tournaments to you.

No AIBA holo-labels? In 00s, when I started to box, it was a pain in the arse - we needed to buy exactly pacistani Green Hill shit with AIBA holo on them or no official tournaments to you.
as far as I know most major boxing brands make gear that’s sanctioned by USA boxing. I think the company Sting is the official brand/sponsor these days

that's how it is in Europe still with the AIBA holo sticker but it's different in the US

Back