How different would the UFC be with this rule?

Gensoking

Brown Belt
@Brown
Reaction score
Preface: I am not suggesting this be a rule

What if popping for PEDs once while in the UFC disqualified you from ever fighting for the championship in any weight class?

The UFC would move the event or cut the champ or burn the entire USADA building down or create a new belt or create a new organization to get around that rule. There is more chance that the earth is flat than the UFC standing by a rule like that at the expense of a major fighter.

It's one way to lower the profit motive for cheating.

Probably not the best or most comprehensive way, but shrug.

The point is (and you're trying to address it here) that while guys who cheat and get caught are still millionaires and guys who don't are still (to quote Nate Diaz) thousandaires, folks have a profit motive to cheat.

What if UFC or AC's fined them their entire purse for the last 5 fights? Including PPV points and backroom bonuses? Probably illegal.

So what if they were fined triple their last fight pay? Then if they cannot pay the fine, their career is over? But the key here is it has to be their entire pay, not just the portion they tell the AC's about.

Last edited:
Let them juice. Look how pathetic are the heavyweights these days. Peds are good for the sport. Pride was awesome. Let them juice
<{JustBleed}>

I'm sure it would reduce PED usage. The problem is there's a ton of grey area. There have been legitimate cases of people having substances in them that they weren't aware of and were not intentionally trying to cheat (whether it's tainted supplements, tainted street drugs, medications that they weren't aware contained banned substances, etc). Banning these people for life without any avenue of appeal, especially when USADA has been known to make errors/be corrupt, is a ridiculous punishment. Would definitely lead to a lot of lawsuits against the UFC. Not to mention a decreased product in the octagon.

The UFC would move the event or cut the champ or burn the entire USADA building down or create a new belt or create a new organization to get around that rule. There is more chance that the earth is flat than the UFC standing by a rule like that at the expense of a major fighter.
This is the second thread today along similar lines. Anti-PED fans don't seem to realize that the UFC utilizes USADA for image purposes, not because they absolutely hate PEDs. They would never permit severe penalties that would risk having the fighters they want, or having particular fighters fight for a title. The idea under discussion implies that preventing PED use is more important to the UFC than it actually is.

I'm sure it would reduce PED usage. The problem is there's a ton of grey area. There have been legitimate cases of people having substances in them that they weren't aware of and were not intentionally trying to cheat (whether it's tainted supplements, tainted street drugs, medications that they weren't aware contained banned substances, etc). Banning these people for life without any avenue of appeal, especially when USADA has been known to make errors/be corrupt, is a ridiculous punishment. Would definitely lead to a lot of lawsuits against the UFC. Not to mention a decreased product in the octagon.
Ya the legal consequences is real. By that I mean what UFC, USADA, AC's cannot legally force a fighter to do or not do specific brands of supplements.

I'm pretty sure no one has ever tested positive using the triple-the-cost, 3rd party batch tested supplements that USADA suggests. I remember Dim pointing that out a few times.

But they cannot force/demand athletes only use specific supplements; they only highly suggest it. If they could force it, this false positive issue would go away.

When will athletes just only use those 3rd party batch tested supplements? How can we force them, if we cannot legally force them? So far, they try to force it using heavy punishment...suspensions, but not heavy fines. That's how it has to change. So if it's true that many fighters don't get caught often...and they don't get financially punished if they do get caught

Last edited:
Here's a notion. If extreme penalties for PED use were imposed, then the top tier fighters might start using Designer PEDs, PEDs with novel chemical compositions that are not technically banned yet. Like recreational designer drugs. How about that?

Here's a notion. If extreme penalties for PED use were imposed, then the top tier fighters might start using Designer PEDs, PEDs with novel chemical compositions that are not technically banned yet. Like recreational designer drugs. How about that?
Aren't designer drugs supposed to be how guys beat the system anyway? Also, some people will do whatever they want no matter the consequences. People know that they can get the death penalty for murder but murders happen every day. If some people wanna fuck up there lives, or in the scope of sports, their careers, they'll do it regardless. There needs to be a balance between a humane punishment while also not giving punishments that equate to a strong talking to.

Let's just let guys take whatever the fuck they want and if a fighter doesn't want to fight against a juiced warrior, he can go to Bellator or some other third rate organization.

What if popping for PEDs once while in the UFC disqualified you from ever fighting for the championship in any weight class?

It would further ruin innocent fighters' lives.

The USADA relationship with the UFC is just a microcosm of the corruption found in governments in general.

Either way would be fine with me: Get rid of the USADA all together, or task the USADA with actually doing their job with no hint of corruption or incompetence.

Jones wouldn’t be goat

Statement is not accurate. Jones was already on that P4P plateau before he failed a test so he would not need much more in terms of championship fights. That also includes Silva, they were GOAT /p4p contenders in many fans eyes before failing a test. You would need to fail early in your career for that to be an issue, in terms of status.

As another put it, You would ultimately put in a rule that would or could ruin a fighters career for a possible mistake.

Last edited:
I say we should give them all PED's. I would way rather watch TRT Vitor try to throw the hulk over the top of the ring, than some deflated old man gas out in the second round.

Back