How did you not know?

The 1 show I just can't get in to. I recognize that its funny, and that the characters have depth and the storylines are usually well written, but the vibe just puts me off. Idk what it is.

The 1 show I just can't get in to. I recognize that its funny, and that the characters have depth and the storylines are usually well written, but the vibe just puts me off. Idk what it is.

i can see how you mean, i think the key is starting from series 1 to 'get' the jokes

The whole point is that the "gang" is just a group of horrifying sociopaths. It's supposed to be offputting.

What really disturbs me are people who genuinely relate to the characters.

@BillytheFish I have, I understand the character's quirks and defects. Its just something about the visuals of the show that leave me indifferent. I do quote IASIP with my friends often, ya damn science bitch.

@BEER
I have a friend who is 100% dennis and even recognizes it, and I definitely know a couple people like Charlie haha

The whole point is that the "gang" is just a group of horrifying sociopaths. It's supposed to be offputting.

What really disturbs me are people who genuinely relate to the characters.

I relate to Charlie. Dude's short, can't get the woman of his dreams, and is basically a bum even though he has a home.

I relate to Charlie. Dude's short, can't get the woman of his dreams, and is basically a bum even though he has a home.

I guess I meant deeper than that. The dude is absolute nut. I mean, base level comparisons are easy. But beyond that, he is also a stalker, an occasionally violent drug addict, and a sociopathic sycophant who will do anything to garner favor with people only to use it against them later.

I feel the same way. This show is something I should absolutely love, it checks off all the boxes I should like but I just can’t seem to get into the characters.

I like the show well enough, I've watched since the beginning.

Just sometimes it's so fucking loud and obnoxious and over-the-top absurd that I find it annoying.

I've never watched a single episode of this show. True story.

I've also never watched an episode of Games of Thrones.

What people find funny varies, but you can't really go wrong with game of thrones. I avoided it for 2 years cos I though dragons and shit sounded gay..but its pretty awesome and gets better as it goes.

Same here.

Also, Breaking Bad and The Walking Dead.

Never seen this show but that blonde was nice!
i was liking the brunette. never watched this show though and have no intentions to. wasnt this a danny devito thing? cant stand that guy so that is likely why i never gave it a shot

Same here.

Also, Breaking Bad and The Walking Dead.

Oh good. Not just me.

source.gif

Back