How did WSOF offer Aljo a better deal than Bellator?

Not A Real Fan

Deep State Agent assigned to monitor Sherdog
Banned
Reaction score
Aljo signed with the UFC but he revealed that WSOF offered the second best deal.

WSOF is basically an AXS show that is not on AXS TV. How could they outbid Bellator? Maybe Bellator wasn't all that interested in him.

Answered your own question.

It's the only thing I can think of. Bellator's BW division is very shallow. Makes me think they may dissolve it one day. Coker, as head of Strikeforce, never had a male division below LW.

They probably offered him a title fight with some heavy salary. He'd have more value in wsof then Bellator

Fans dodged a bullet with that one. With Moraes looking to come to the UFC after his contract is up, Aljo would have had nobody to fight over there.

Aljo signed with the UFC but he revealed that WSOF offered the second best deal.

WSOF is basically an AXS show that is not on AXS TV. How could they outbid Bellator? Maybe Bellator wasn't all that interested in him.

They are way above Axs shows, that being said I don't think he was worth to Bellator what the UFC will be pay him.

Bellator is > WSOF, but that doesn't mean Bellator is going to shell out more money for every single free agent. I mean how did WSOF land Jake Shields or other guys with some name recognition over there? It's about priorities and balancing your budget. WSOF is Bellator's main competition (not the UFC) because Bellator and WSOF are competing for the same free agents not already signed to the UFC.

Coker said he didn't even make Aljamain an offer. I agree, it makes no sense that WSOF would offer him $50k a fight or more, and Aljamain wouldn't even consider leaving the UFC for less than $50k a fight. Shields only got $35k for his last fight in WSOF.

Someones lying here, and I don't think it's Coker.

...Also how the hell can WSOF afford to pay Marlon Moraes $140k a fight, what kind of scam are they running over there?

Bottom line is Coker openly stated that Bellator will only go after select free agents.
Some on here make it seem like they have an open check book
They exist bc they are cheap programming for Spike and Spike has been falling as a network with ratings lower and cable outlets dropping or downgrading them.

Back