How did RDA land so many straight lefts on Pettis?

dertdent

Purple Belt
@purple
Reaction score
Watching the fight I am amazed at how easily RDA lands the left. Can anyone explain how he sets up the punch? Looks like he sometimes uses a double attack with the left body kick.

Constant pressure + exploiting Pettis' tendency of circling to RDA's left when he tries to plant his own kicks.

All i can think when i watch that fight is wow both of there boxing suck.Pettis has nothing on his punches and just has some horrendous head movement and rda is just so stiff and again has some really poor headmovement and he sort of moves his head and when he is thinking about throwing stops moving and the way he was covering up.If he fights the way he fought against pettis against conor he wont make it out the first minute.

He broke his face early; then continued to punch it throughout the fight.

A sound strategy for sure, Joe.

All i can think when i watch that fight is wow both of there boxing suck.Pettis has nothing on his punches and just has some horrendous head movement and rda is just so stiff and again has some really poor headmovement and he sort of moves his head and when he is thinking about throwing stops moving and the way he was covering up.If he fights the way he fought against pettis against conor he wont make it out the first minute.

Paragraphs like these make you look worried.

Watching the fight I am amazed at how easily RDA lands the left. Can anyone explain how he sets up the punch? Looks like he sometimes uses a double attack with the left body kick.

I think RDA kept Pettis constantly guessing between which attacks was coming, the left body kick or the left straight.

RDA-Wheaties.png

Pettis' movement is non existent now. He is really stationary and it might be due to those injuries

You're worried about RDA. I know you're worried and it's very obvious in your posting.

Why would i be worried about rda?

Whats he going to do come and find me for pointing out he has very predictable standup and horrible tendencies and try to prove me wrong?

Pettis has been different for a while now. Since the Melendez fight he has been very easy to hit and his footwork is not as good as it used to be.

Why would i be worried about rda?

Whats he going to do come and find me for pointing out he has very predictable standup and horrible tendencies and try to prove me wrong?

Bro, it's obvious. Insecurity speaks volumes and you reek of it.

Pettis has been different for a while now. Since the Melendez fight he has been very easy to hit and his footwork is not as good as it used to be.

That eddie fight wow.

He looked so slow,dont want to accuse him of getting off the sauce but he looked so slow and like he had lost that snap to his kicks etc

Seems like your the only one who is insecure.The fact is Rda is a champion who nobody believes is the best in his division

Ugh, spitting more lies. I know you're worried little boy.

I think RDA kept Pettis constantly guessing between which attacks was coming, the left body kick or the left straight.

Don't forget a significant number of left body hooks to stand Pettis still when Pettis was circling. Then blast him once he stood him still.

Wonderful performance by RDA.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
notnormal
Back