How did Pierce escape that unscathed?

FistofIce**

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
I don't get it. The guy had it in a perfect lock and torqued it for what seemed like eternity, and Pierce looked like he just had his leg severed at the knee.

But then, this guy's fine and able to just shake it off.

I don't know if he deserves to get banned or suspended even though it seems messed up pretty much, but what I'm curious about is, how on this planet earth did Pierce suffer no damage from that?

Heel hooks are vicious, but not a death sentence for your knee. Don't think any of the guys Palhares held too long have had any aftereffects other than pain. Could be wrong though.

It wasn't long enough to do damage. Had Palhares cranked for an extra 5 seconds, Pierce would be in a wheelchair

Because leglocks are extremely painful so he was screaming and tapping, however despite all the chatter about it Palhares really didn't hold on to the sub long enough to do that much damage.

I think the only reason there was extra torque at the end was because the referee jumped on them and landed right on their legs forcing the leg to get torqued again so it was just a few quick thing.

Maybe he wasn't cranking it, just holding it right before the breaking point. Everyone is so upset he didn't let go fast enough, but if Pierce was not injured maybe he wasn't cranking as hard as people think. Pierce's reaction could be based as much on Palhares' reputation as it could be on actual pain or damage. He could have freaked and tapped because it was the notorious Palhares who had a heel hook locked in on him. I am not saying that the potential for serious damage isn't there, just that it is possible that Palhares has more control than most give him credit for.

Maybe he wasn't cranking it, just holding it right before the breaking point. Everyone is so upset he didn't let go fast enough, but if Pierce was not injured maybe he wasn't cranking as hard as people think. Pierce's reaction could be based as much on Palhares' reputation as it could be on actual pain or damage. He could have freaked and tapped because it was the notorious Palhares who had a heel hook locked in on him. I am not saying that the potential for serious damage isn't there, just that it is possible that Palhares has more control than most give him credit for.

Enough! Take that kind of talk someplace reasonable.

Lol give me a break he held on way too long it was blatantly obvious to anyone with a brain.

Seriously? Paul Harris was cranking the shit out of that.

He was unscathed because it wasn't held too long. He finished the sub and that was it. The additional twisting and cranking are what will damage the knee, that didn't happen last night

That`s right, Paul Harris did the wrong thing holding that for too long.

But it feels awesome too see a big mouth lay n prayer getting stopped brutally like that.

It wasn't long enough to do damage.

Bullshit, this is not a choke. Its about the amount of pressure to the lingaments in the knee, not time under pressure.

I should know, I have to go to physiotherapy for my ACL tomorrow...

Back