How did my day of eating go?

sanyo89

White Belt
Reaction score
Well I've always been around here lurking and stealing some daily eating plans from peoples thread so I decided to actually record what I ate today. Just tell me what you think.

I'm 19yrs, 5'10-5'11 176lbs looking to gain some lean muscle while losing some body fat.
(On spring break from school so I'm at home, this is how I would usually eat)

Meal 1 11:30AM (Just woke up)
1/2 cup of oatmeal with about 1/2 cup organic 1% milk (I know, skim)
1 Poland Spring bottle of water
1 Hard boiled egg
1 handful almonds
Small small cup of orange juice
1 orange
Supps
1 One a day multi vitamin
2 Fish oil pills (EPA216 DHA144) each
2 Flax seed oil pills
1 b-complex pill

Gym 12:20pm-1:45pm
Bench, squat, row, incline dumbbell & flat dumbbell press, then about 20mins decline abs
2 Bottles of Poland Spring water

Immediately after gym
2 scoops ON whey protein 48g total
1 bottle of Poland Spring water

Meal 2 2:30pm
1 bottle Poland Spring water
1 Piece of baked haddock w/ crab stuffing (about a fist sized portion, rolled up w/ stuffing inside)
Salad w/ vinegar & extra virgin olive oil (salad includes cucumbers & carrots, no onions.. damn)
1 handful almonds
1 hard boiled egg
Supps
2 fish oil pills (EPA216, DHA144) each

Sippin' on another bottle of water

Meal 3 5:00pm
Chicken Marsalla (Chicken in bow tie pasta w/ mushrooms & some kind of sauce made w/ gorgenzola cheese)
Asparagus 10 pieces
Some black olives
Salad w/ vinegar & extra virgin olive oil
2 Poland Spring waters
Supps
2 fish oil pills (EPA 432, DHA 288) each

Meal 4
Have not decided yet. Probably all natural peanut butter sandwiches

let me be the first to say two things:

1) read the FAQ

2) Eat some vegetables.

I've read the faq and thought everything was good (besides the vegetables which I forgot to mention). Was just looking for approval. Thanks

If you don't wake up until 11:30, I'd assume you aren't going to bed until 3ish. I hope you are eating more than just once between 5:00 and bedtime.

Your lifting looks odd and not very good. I'll give you a plus for doing squats, but regular bench, dumbell bench, and dumbell incline? Then 20 minutes of decline abs?

Is your salad iceberg, mixed greens, spinach? If it is spinach, I don't think you are doing that bad on veggies besides excluding on your first meal.

Seems pretty good. I agree with anaconda that you need some more veggies. Your workout isn't great but I've seen worse. All in all not bad.

My workout for the day is off the Bill Star 5x5.. It was only for today, not the whole week.

Yea I'll eat at like 8:30 again and have a snack about an hour before bed. Idk, I thought it was decent.

Salad is all mixed with little to no iceberg. Thanks for the responses.

looks good to me...better than 99% of the general population

My workout for the day is off the Bill Star 5x5.. It was only for today, not the whole week.

Yea I'll eat at like 8:30 again and have a snack about an hour before bed. Idk, I thought it was decent.

Salad is all mixed with little to no iceberg. Thanks for the responses.

The diet is pretty good with the small exceptions that have been posted. The most important thing is being able to enjoy it enough so it's easy to manage. Pretty much any diet can get picked apart in one way or another.

What do you do where you can get up at 11:30? Student? Second Shift? I don't think I have ever woke up at 11:30 unless I was drinking heavily years ago.

well this is just because I have been on spring break for the past week. Staying up late at night or until the morning requires me to sleep till noonish :D.

i'll never understand why people list water on their diet as if it were to give them some kind of magical dietary powers... '_'

~Foz

Looks good to me, very similar to my diet though I probably eat a few more carbs and a little less protein. And man, I go through bottled water at home too. At school I just refill my Poland spring jug everyday, saves a ton of money. And yeah, your workouts a little bit strange, and the Bill Starr 5x5 really has to be followed EVERY workout day to the T to be really effective. And it is really effective if done right.

Not to bad. Suprised not one person has noticed one thing however. No carbs PWO. Whether simple or complex, you have none. That is the biggest mistake.

I gave him a pass on the basis of his future eating (multiple peanut butter sandwiches) but yeah, it's pretty carbless

It IS carbless. I am only talking PWO. Not future eatings etc.. Its the biggest mistake he is making.

i'll never understand why people list water on their diet as if it were to give them some kind of magical dietary powers... '_'

~Foz

*Stares at the bottle of Voss in his (my) hands.*

Wait... what? No dietary powers!

*Throws bottle at the floor and takes a swig of Hollywood Diet.*

I would increase protein intake in the morning, and add veggies throughout the day.

i just put the water so there would be no questions of 'extra' calories due to sugary drinks. Thanks for all the responses.

cut out juice from your diet. It is high in the glycemic index thus releases too much glucose into your cells and becomes stored fat

definitely seems like you could use more protein when you first wake up, and c'mon now, you stay up late and your last meal is at 5:00? you have to be snacking on something at night.

Back