How did Bellator dominate UFC in picking up Russian prospects?

Actually, Minakov grapplefucked Kongo in their fight. He only lost a shitty decision, because the judges were retarded and literally ignored all of his top control time. Did you even watch the fight?
Top control alone doesn't win you fights

He got outstruck and gassed hard

Volkov sleeps him

This isn't even remotely close. I don't get it. UFC should be able to outbid Bellator when it comes to picking up prospects if they want to, but they lost so damn hard in picking up Russian prospects. It's mindboggling.

The best Russian HW right now is in Bellator in Minakov or Moldavsky.
The best Russian LHW right now is in Bellator in Nemkov.
The best Russian welterweight right now is in Bellator in Amosov.(Well ukranian)
The best Russian lightweight prospect is in Bellator in Usman.
Pretty good fw Russian prospect is in Bellator in Khasan.
The best Russian BW prospect is in Bellator in Magomed.

I understand Khabib's relatives wanted to go to Bellator more so because of other guys from their team already in UFC. But there are other fighters who chose UFC over Bellator.

What happened? How did Bellator so decisively and one-sidedly beat UFC in signing Uber Russian prospects and fighters?

Because the UFC has always treated other promotions like feeder orgs and they have all for the most part been ok with that. Bellator looks to be changing that.

Probably has more to do with Chinese investors wanting to see their countrymen succeed to drum up business in their part of the world. Can't really make that happen when a bunch of Russians come over and walk through your best fighters with relative ease.

Money talks and deserving fighters walk..........all the way to Bellator.

I think UFC has a hard cap on Russian fighters (35 or something) so that's probably why they're not picking up everyone.

No one mentioned how Bellator was forced to bring in russians because of the Fedor fights he gave them. It has nothing to do what you guys are perceiving.

Yeah the Covid thing is what worries me :confused:

I've been watching some vids on him, on a Swedish YT channel of his gym, and he looks good and confident. Not gonna say I'm one hundred procent sold, but at least it took a lot of my worries away. Also he looked good in that latest vid of him shadow boxing, despite SDers shitting on it lol

I've been watching some vids on him, on a Swedish YT channel of his gym, and he looks good and confident. Not gonna say I'm one hundred procent sold, but at least it took a lot of my worries away. Also he looked good in that latest vid of him shadow boxing, despite SDers shitting on it lol
That's good to hear :)
EzDh1H.gif

Also these:

Tokov 29-2
Nikaev 10-0
Berkhamov 13-0
Shabliy 20-3

Rabadanov looked great last night, there is also Koreshkov and more

8 years ago

Stipe beat Francis 3 years ago and look what happened in the rematch

Minakov pushed it so far that nearly a decade later Volkov still walking around fucked up. Thanks for clarifying.

Fedor bringing his team because he has a great relationship with Coker.

UFC doesn't pay that great, Bellator can easily give out better contracts. A lot of these fighters also get signed because their management, friends, colleagues have more ties with Bellator than with Dana brass. UFC can only sign so many guys anyways, their roster is already bloated. Russians historically had good ties with Coker, so many of the promising prospects go there directly from ACA or other similar organizations.

That's good to hear :)
EzDh1H.gif

He god damn NEEDS to fulfill his MMA greatness destiny!!! The JBG demand it!

He could equal Fedor in terms of my MMA devoted love for him, if he just keeps doing what he was doing. I fucking need this!!!

Also really glad with how TJ returned though! MMA is starting to get fucking exciting again! <Goldie11>

Minakov pushed it so far that nearly a decade later Volkov still walking around fucked up. Thanks for clarifying.

At one point I had high hopes for Minakov but he's become irrelevant and wasted his prime years not fighting. I wouldn't favor him over Volkov now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoyceOuthw
Back