How did Anderson Silva look tonight?

Should hang them up. Chin is done and reflexes are history. It 30% of the fighter in his prime. Should save himself from further embarrassment. Still GOAT in my books, otherwise.

I think his problem was he kept looking for the perfect opportunity for a perfect shot instead of taking the many opportunities for a good shot and building from there. And while he kept waiting for that perfect shot, Bisping kept piling up the points. It actually reminded me of the Overeem vs. JDS fight where they both kept looking for that one kill shot, except in this case one of them was actively throwing all the time.

Chin cant take shots anymore. Lost some speed but still looked pretty good in my opinion with his striking. Like lots have said already, he just looked like a 41 year old anderson.

He's not "back". He will never be the old Anderson again. Also, his chin is shot.

For being 41 he looked awesome.

He is a much better fighter than Bisping.

Silva hurt him whenever he wanted to, he just didn't put in enough work.

He should hang them up. He reminds me of Roy Jones Jr. when he lost his magic touch. Now he's getting dropped by Michael Bisping of all people; made Mike look like a hero with heavy hands.

Silva kept winging that overhand that was nowhere near landing. Not sure what he was doing there.

Looked older and slower without the chin anymore.

But he lost this fight because he fought a terrible, frustrating fight.

Zero urgency, only intermittent attempts at finishing and too much show boating for a guy who got dropped early in the fight.

Still love the guy though, the glimpses of magic are still there, he just can't afford to fuck around like he used to.

First two responses pretty much tell the story.

He had his moments, and definitely could have finished this fight, but his chin has deteriorated along with his speed and accuracy. I would like for him to retire now because I can't see him beating any of the top guys at MW after this performance tonight.

Not so good. Beatable. Droppable. Ego's still there based on his dancing and jazz hands, and apparent potshot at corrupt judging.

Like every fighter we've known who gets off the juice.
It looked very clear :)

Bad.

Father time remains undefeated.

His speed, accuracy, agility are gone. Not to mention he got dropped by Bisping, that should tell you the whole story.

Thing is, that since it was somewhat a controversial loss it's almost a sure thing he's gonna keep going.

Back