How come Dagestan/Chechen fighters never go for the belt?

Nooob

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
I am not familiar how you can be a contender in the UFC but I assume you have to have a good win streak record.

Almost every fighters from the North Caucasus (Dagestan, Chechyna, Ingush, Avars etc) have decent records and are dominating in the UFC yet they don't fight for the belt and mostly fight in prelims/fight nights. Why?

Last edited:
And Nurmy would certainly have fought for it had he stayed healthy.

From chechnya but I expect Magomed Bibulatov to face DJ one day.

Bagautinov and Nurmagomedov had their shots.

The others are either unproven or just not that good. "Dominating" against cans or journeymen usually doesn't earn you title fights.

seems that their fragile bodies can't take the training, and they get injured

C9D2ZxcVwAInMGy.jpg

Im guessing if you really google it the UFC-win-streaks of the top 5 Caucasus fighters are 5-0, 3-0, 3-0, 3-0, 2-0, something like that.

A bunch of neckbeards on the internet overhype them. Khabib gets murked by everyone in the top 10 WW division so he clearly is not p4p material. That's the test. Rockhold, Weidman Bisping should be higher on p4p.

Who da fook is Darrell Horcher?

Alot of the guys who fought on Sep2 like Edilov, Zabit, and Taisumov are very talented

I am not familiar how you can be a contender in the UFC but I assume you have to have a good win streak record.

Almost every fighters from the North Caucasus (Dagestan, Chechyna, Ingush, Avars etc) have decent records and are dominating in the UFC yet they don't fight for the belt and mostly fight in prelims/fight nights. Why?
You have to take it on a case by case basis. Go through fighters one by one, and I can tell you why they haven't had a title shot. For now, I'll summarize some of the reasons in general:

USADA failures
VISA's to fight in America
Ramadan
Getting better contracts outside the UFC
Injuries
Tiramisu
Losing key fights

They don't even dominate KSW or Bellator. What is there. 1 champion with 1 defense? That's at MW. It would be more impressive to dominate a manlet division where the UFC is not paying them much so the talent is spread across all worldly fight leagues.

Same hype around French or Cuban fighters.

Some of them are begging for fights, but don't get anything.

You had Khabilov call out Kevin Lee over a year ago when Lee was still shit talking about Khabib.

You just had Mairbek say he wants a fight, that Pettis and whoever wouldn't accept his challenge.

And yeah, they routinely perform well, get Performance of the Night, but still stuck on prelims 'cause of UFC promoting.

Bagautinov and Nurmagomedov had their shots.

The others are either unproven or just not that good. "Dominating" against cans or journeymen usually doesn't earn you title fights.

You think they're asking for cans or journeyman?

They want the tough fights. Some of them have called guys out but to no avail.

Last edited:
Khabib fucked up with weight against Tony and now making unrealistic demands for Mcgregor.

Rustam lost to Bendo and Martins, but now on a way back.

Ali lost against DJ and failed USADA.

Lot's of these guys lack consistency and are overhyped.

If Khabib could make it to fights he would have fought for the belt already.

Back