How can Vettori think he won last night ?

I believe Izzy won, there’s no argument there. Butttt
I gotta agree and say there is kind of an argument to made about this, Vettori advanced for most of the fight landed more than anyone gave him credit for and even had the champ in trouble at one point.
Adesanya may have hit him with more leg kicks but in no way had Marvin moving backwards or in trouble.

People saying this is was a domination are pretty bias.

All 3 judges gave all 5 rounds to izzy. Marvin landed all of 15 to 20 strikes in 5 rounds. Did zero damage. But theres bias lmao L

Because blinding levels of self-confidence can lead to a feedback loop of bias towards your preferred outcomes.

Ade referred Vettori as a bull. Fight was matador vs bull. Israel has a very high fight IQ, that comes from 100+ combat sport contests. Can stay relaxed in there. See every move. Vettori bit on every little feint. Wide-eyed, perplexed with Ade's movement. Can't pull the trigger. And poor Fight IQ. Marvin didn't do what his coaches wanted him to do. His brain can't handle all that in such a high-stakes setting. Doesn't have the experience Adesanya has.
The dangerous part for vettori is that for a guy of his strength, he really has no punching power. He was pressuring Adesanya and landing somewhat, but it really wasn't affecting Adesanya much. Most of those punches were kinda pushy punches

The dangerous part for vettori is that for a guy of his strength, he really has no punching power. He was pressuring Adesanya and landing somewhat, but it really wasn't affecting Adesanya much. Most of those punches were kinda pushy punches

Yea, it's not a bodybuilding competition. I suspect he huffs and puffs with the mouth open because he carries so much muscle. And was fearful of Adesanya's counters. Vettori dropped Jack with a nice straight left, so he can punch, but maybe it is the constant caution Adesanya brings that makes Marvin not commit. They were just light pushes, no pop behind them.

Yea, it's not a bodybuilding competition. I suspect he huffs and puffs with the mouth open because he carries so much muscle. And was fearful of Adesanya's counters. Vettori dropped Jack with a nice straight left, so he can punch, but maybe it is the constant caution Adesanya brings that makes Marvin not commit. They were just light pushes, no pop behind them.
Adesanya did do a good job of dodging as well, as Vettori kinda telegraphed his power shots so Izzy knew when they were coming. Even if they connected, they didn't really land clean.

Reactions: MCS
Lol. Guy who was straight up stalling pushed the action. Good one
Vettori survived because he’s tough and he stalled.
I agree, and before this fight took place I said isreal would win a decision. I knew vettori was tough and his defense was good enough to last. he absolutely started stalling after round 3.

I can’t get over him going with the thigh punches at the end of the fighting like he wasn’t down 4 rounds lol

He didn't even win a round.

the same way Diaz can.
Its hard to admit defeat when you take minimal damage against a champ who paints himself as this killer straight out of an anime, but only really point fights.

But just before some people jump on me: Ofc Vettori clearly lost that fight.
Only point fights? He brutally fonished rob and costa.. get off it

Wow, I didn’t know we had a Vettori emoji <{spoogebab}>

But but but he tried a RNC that backfired into bottom position. I think that earned him a 10 - 7.

I'm just showing that strike differential really comes down to those leg kicks. Head and body shots virtually identical.
<Goldie11>

Miscommunication. They were still bickering about their first fight.

Cmon guys.

I'm just showing that strike differential really comes down to those leg kicks. Head and body shots practically identical.

I wasn't mocking you.
I don't think we should consider Head and Body shot as better than leg kicks (i don't know if it's what you are implying). Yeah you have less chance of finishing a fight via leg kick, but IMO leg kick are almost always hard shot while a lot of head/body sig strikes could be light punch

Izzy won every round imo. That being said, Vettori seemed to walk forward the most, got eye poked, and kicked in the balls. It just adds to the frustration that he isn't good enough to follow through with his game plan. He kept hitting air and grabbing Izzy's hips all night. There has to be a new champ before Vettori ever sniffs a title shot again.

There’s something endearing about how dumb Vettori seems.

Vettori seems like a nice guy, but he does also seem to be your typcial very low intelligence meathead.

Back