Handsome
Fantastic skill set
Possibly the most complete mma fighter
No ped violations
No bad behaviors inside or outside the cage
Reigned undefeated for ages
Avenged the only two defeats emphatically
Retired champion in two divisions

You like champions who defend? Did it many many times against the very best of the best.

You like superfights or champ vs champ fights? Did that too, by going up in weight and defeating the mw champ.

Relinquishes titles if he doesn’t intend to defend them soon.

Doesn’t bend over for Dana and the UFC.

Retires as a winner in his own terms.

Remains humble throughout even with widespread accolades as the GOAT.

Really ... how can someone hate on GSP?

You forgot that he inspired the greatest MS PAINT of all time:

gspgreaseturtle.jpg

I don't hate on him. But I'm disappointed that he didn't truly test himself at the end of his career. Bisping was a great win. A great finish. But he should have fought Woodley. I just feel like it was the right thing to do. But then what would happen if he won? He'd have to defend? Or does he vacate and leave WW with a defeated champion? I think he should have taken another run at WW and beaten the top 3 THEN retired.

giphy.gif
Hahaha! I was going to say the exact same thing!

How can someone hate on GSP?

Polite
Respectful
Friendly
Smart
True martial artist
Great role model for the sport
Handsome
Fantastic skill set
No ped violations

You like champions who defend? Did it many many times against the very best of the best.

You like superfights or champ vs champ fights? Did that too, by going up in weight and defeating the mw champ.

cherry picked title fight vs bisping instead of risking losing vs woodley

picked to retire over fighting khabib after ufc 229

cherry picked title fight vs bisping instead of risking losing vs woodley

picked to retire over fighting khabib after ufc 229

Because fighting the champion and savvy veteran Bisping one weight class up was a guaranteed win, yes? Easy and sure fight...

Some reasons why ppl might hate him could be: refusing to fight Whittaker (colitis lol) or any real challenge after cherry picking on the weakest champion in ufc history, greasing against a smaller Penn, his fight against hendricks, not fighting Silva and so on.

I personally don`t hate him but I think he has the most annoying fan base. Don`t complain if Silva fans hate you for your claim above. Silva would have been a super fight. Bisping? Come on, that was a joke. He crawls out of his cave to fight Bisping and only Bisping. He did not want a piece of the top 5 in the division. He did not want a piece of T-Wood. And afterwards he is lying about his health to avoid fighters that are to much of a risk for him. It was a smart move by him sure. I was rooting for him in all his fights until his fights against Bisping. Since then I can not respect him as the honorable fighter you claim he is anymore.

Some reasons why ppl might hate him could be: refusing to fight Whittaker (colitis lol) or any real challenge after cherry picking on the weakest champion in ufc history, greasing against a smaller Penn, his fight against hendricks, not fighting Silva and so on.

I personally don`t hate him but I think he has the most annoying fan base. Don`t complain if Silva fans hate you for your claim above. Silva would have been a super fight. Bisping? Come on, that was a joke. He crawls out of his cave to fight Bisping and only Bisping. He did not want a piece of the top 5 in the division. He did not want a piece of T-Wood. And afterwards he is lying about his health to avoid fighters that are to much of a risk for him. It was a smart move by him sure. I was rooting for him in all his fights until his fights against Bisping. Since then I can not respect him as the honorable fighter you claim he is anymore.
You know your expectations are filled with double standards and silly expectations you seemingly only set on Georges right?

He doesn't have a high knockout rate compared to others, has a fight where even Dana White said he should have lost the decision, and his fans on here call him the undisputed GOAT and are really obnoxious and arrogant and determined to believe it

Boringass fights

Ducked Silva when they both cleared their divisions.

Only went up to fight weak paper champion Michael Bisping then gave up the belt for free.

Polite
Respectful
Friendly
Smart
True martial artist
Great role model for the sport
Handsome
Fantastic skill set
No ped violations

Part of the problem is people like GSP for GOAT cause of his behavior rather than the Octagon.

My response to your list.

He did defend, but he also retired as a defending champion and didn't defend the MW belt, nor did he want to defend any belt given his comments on Rogan.

I don't like superfights. Think they are the cancer that is killing the sport.

Contradicts number one.

GSP was being the unreasonable one asking for the Khabib fight. I'm not going to respect GSP for not accpeting the great oppurtunities the UFC almost 100% offfered him just cause they didn't let him blow up a division.

I think the Hendricks fight makes this disputable.

After retiring the first time, he threw PED accusations at the guy people thought beat him.

No one's hating on GSP. Calling GSP the GOAT cause you like his personality is hating on Jones IMO and it's a response to that. A few people argue GSP is GOAT based on what he did in the Octagon but usually you see the same immature "Jones and AS DQ, GSP by default". Shit pisses me off. Don't get to DQ people from being GOAT for reasons other than merit, it's stupid.

I think you answered the question. Some people are just dumb.

Doubt too many ppl really hate him.

It’s more the legion of his delusional insecure fans constantly attacking other fighters to feel better about gsp flaws.

Broke brain damaged fighters probably hate GSP.

No PED violations , but very suspicious, according to Keith Kizer and the NSAC.

And I don't think people hate GSP so much, its more his obnoxious fans who act like a guy who went 6 years without finishing an opponent is somehow on the level of Bones/Fedor/Silva

How can you put silva or fedor on the level of Jones and GSP when their level of competition was so low?

How can you put Jones on the level of GSP and Fedor when he tested positive multiple times and only fought aging legends?

Etc
Etc
Etc
All of them have question marks depending on who you ask. for me the only real ? has to do with multiple time ped cheat Jones. Silva at least only got busted after injury/ age and not as many issues as bones.

Back