How can Mousasi be so good without passion?

https://www.mmafighting.com/2019/6/...t-doing-this-because-i-love-the-sport-so-much

I’m fighting to get paid, I’m not doing this because I love the sport so much. I’m not a crazy person. The motivation if I beat these guys, if I keep winning, my paycheck will go up eventually after my contract is done. That’s the motivation for me. It’s my job. The better you do, the more you make. It’s the same for a doctor or lawyer. If you’re a better lawyer, you’re going to make more money. That’s what I’m trying to do. I want to be the best fighter that I can be to beat these guys and then I get a better contract. That’s the whole thing that keeps me going. Fighting is not my life.

They wanted to make the Ryan Bader fight before Lovato and I said fine, pay me more. I’ve said to them, I will go to welterweight, pay me more. If they don’t want to pay me more, I’m fine. I don’t need to do crazy stuff. If I go down [to welterweight], it’s going to take a lot of crazy stuff, a lot of energy out of me. If I go up, I’m going to be facing a bigger, stronger wrestler guy that’s not particularly a good style matchup for me but I’m willing to fight anybody. Like I said, I’m not doing it for fun. I’m doing it because I get paid. If they wanted to have a big super fight, that’s fine, pay me more. If not, I’m fine. I’ll stay at middleweight and I’ll do my thing.

I got three fights on my contract. I want to win them, I want to finish them. I made my money with good investments, I’m going to make maybe $1 million a year just with my real estate. So for me to go and say I’ll continue fighting, I don’t need to do it. If they come and say ‘we’ll pay you this much to come and fight’ then sure why not. I feel like I’m in my prime. It’s not like I’m losing, and I’m just going in there to get paid. It all depends on payments, it all depends on the results of the fight, it all depends on my injuries. This stuff is not fun for me anymore. It’s just my work. The better I work, the more they pay me.”

Additional fight comments:
If it hits the ground, there’s always that danger of getting submitted. This fight can finish in one minute if I’m not sharp and he just takes me down and chokes me out. Anything can happen. Obviously, I’ve taken him very seriously. He lacks power in his punches, I feel. He lacks speed. His takedowns are not so great. On the ground, he’s really good. He’s undefeated so there’s a lot of questions that are to be answered. We’ll find out on June 22. I’m prepared. I’m coming to hurt him and then we’ll see what he’s made of. Listen, if I fought Israel [Adesanya] or I fought [Robert] Whittaker, those matchups are actually really good for me, style wise. So obviously I feel I would have a great chance of winning. I don’t care if they say ‘best middleweight’ because the best guys lose also. I’m not in that to be the best. On June 22 I have to be the best and I have to beat Lovato and then whoever they put in front of me the next time. The next day, someone else can be better than me. Anyone can be beaten. If I lose my next fight, you will see cockroaches come out of the ground and say ‘see I told you he would lose’. That’s how people work. So why would I put that pressure on myself when it really doesn’t matter to say ‘I’m the greatest, I’m the best’, I don’t need that s—t. It’s just a job for me.

@DarkneT
The fact you think join date says anything goes to show how stupid you are.
Has Sherdog made you smarter or something?

Explain to me how Whittaker is a top 3 Middleweight?

Shut the fuck up

Do you want me to explain why water is wet while I’m at it?
Moose is probably the best MW in the world let alone top 3

Again we’re good here, I’ll let you know if I need you

@DarkneT
No idea if you’re trolling or not.

Edit:”Mousasi is god change my mind”
We’re done here.
{<jordan}{<jordan}

I’m just having fun while waiting for my boy to come on

He is a boss though
And I think he would give Whittaker problems

Top 3 Middleweight?
{<jordan}{<jordan}

There’s a reason he left the UFC with his tail between his legs.
Rockhold
Jacare(again)
Whittaker
Romero
All beat his ass.
Gastelum, Hermanson,Costa and Adesanya May aswell.
He’s so over hyped, remember the clowns that thought he’d beat DC?
{<jordan}{<jordan}{<jordan}
He left because who wants to be another Jacare and sit and wait for Bisping and GSP to pretend they are the best MW. He has 50 fights. Dummy.

Sugar Ray Robinson didnt care about boxing, he cared about money but indirectly it made him the GOAT.

Mousasi is top 3 Middleweight in the world no doubt about that,some people will say he is the best middleweight - but he got no passion for fighting,he is fighting just for money-he is a fucking pshyco,he going to fights with zero emotions,whats wrong with him
Gegard.jpg

so if he isnt bouncing around the cage like a stupid retard "bro" then he has no passion?
actually lots of times id just sit with my head down to make them think im scared then go straight forward at the bell

Back