How big was Rolls Gracie?

Rozzy

White Belt
Reaction score
His son is huge but Gracie mag said he never reached over 155. How tall was he?

I think he was fairly tall... There's a bunch of wrong info on Wikipedia... They have him dying in 1981 but still fathering Kyra and giving a blackbelt to Jacare. Pretty sure none of those things happened.

can't tell if that's him third from left, but if it is, use that as reference?

gracies.jpg

i was surprised to read that he was 155 as well.

him standing next to mauricao gomes:

Mauricio%20with%20Rolls%20Gracie%201981.jpg

here is one of the pictures from the article, with him training with a young rickson:

bio-rolls.jpg

Rolls was probably of similar stature to Igor so maybe 5'9. Mauricio is about 6', 6'1'' tops

I think he was fairly tall... There's a bunch of wrong info on Wikipedia... They have him dying in 1981 but still fathering Kyra and giving a blackbelt to Jacare. Pretty sure none of those things happened.

Rolls gave Jacare, the founder of Alliance, his black belt.

Rolles (Rolls Jr) has a daughter called Kyara, perhaps that is the source of the wikipedia updater's confusion.

can't tell if that's him third from left, but if it is, use that as reference?

gracies.jpg

i was surprised to read that he was 155 as well.

him standing next to mauricao gomes:

Mauricio%20with%20Rolls%20Gracie%201981.jpg

here is one of the pictures from the article, with him training with a young rickson:

bio-rolls.jpg

The third guy from the left in the first picture is Rorian.

Just noticed that, damn.

I do that all the time! I'll see an old pic of my instructor and Mauricio and I'll go, "hey, when did you see Roger? Wait, this picture is black and white? And your hair isn't gray? Oooohhhh....."

The third guy from the left in the first picture is Rorian.

Yeah, I think from left to right we have Rolker, Royce, Rorion, Helio, Relson, Rickson, and Royler. Not a group you want to see coming at you in a dark alley.

rolles was small buthe fought big man jiujitsu

he was training with Carlson and combined his agressiveness and top game with the technicques and grace of Carlos' side

he was the perfect BJJ fighter

Back