How big or ugly do you need to be where nobody messes with you?

Demeanour and reputation will get you less hassle than being 6' 6" & 250 with face tattoos

Man, as an aside, and I don't know how this applies in the US I'm talking UK: men with face tattoos are usually non confrontational and often pussycats.

It's a v in fashion thing.

I am rather a big guy weight wise. And dont have issues walking streets at night. And see some funny situations because of it. like random people taking longer route when they see me like they are afraid lol

Dude, recognised. I had people crossing or walking in the road to pass me when I had my kids in a pushchair.

Never underestimate your opponent. It's 2019 and there are still some cave men that assume that if you're "big" that means you know how to fight.

Not to mention, so many people carry guns anyway.
Yeah training mma messes you up. After training with pro fighters a couple years I kind of figure everybody over 160 Can kick my ass lol.. When I'm actually 10× more dangerous than when I thought I could beat up everybody by punching them in the face as a teenager.

I'm 5'8", friendly, and not particularly threatening looking and I've never had anyone mess with me. Then again I don't hang around sketchy areas for long and I'm not looking for trouble. I think if you're an average dude, it's typically pretty rare that someone is gonna hassle you.

It's the little people you have to watch out for, like Hitler and Manson

These days you need to prepare for anything-crazy aggressive homeless, psycho idiots picking fights with random strangers, avoiding active shooter scenarios, etc.

But the old fashioned "people messing with you" usually stops after high school.

Homeless people are some of the least lijely to pick a physical fight or attack you with a weapon in the western world. Random fights tend to happen most when alcohil is near and strangers are gathered, whereas face to face robbery is carried out by the poor with permanent residence. The greatest robbery is usually reserved for your gouverment.

I'm 6'2" 275# former NCAA football player. Nobody messes with me. I'm quite handsome though, definitely not ugly.

Yeah training mma messes you up. After training with pro fighters a couple years I kind of figure everybody over 160 Can kick my ass lol.. When I'm actually 10× more dangerous than when I thought I could beat up everybody by punching them in the face as a teenager.
This. The more you train a real combat sport HARD like judo, wrestling, boxing, muay thai or bjj you realize that you aint shit in the grand scheme of things and there ALWAYS someone tougher than you even in your own school/dojo. Some of the WORST ass whoopings Ive ever taken were by guys in bjj no more than 170lbs. Just absolutely smashed and in a lot of pain. Gi and no gi. There's levels to this shit that are near endless. If you think youre a bad ass, you aint.

Looks and build mean more than height imo.

I’m 5’ 10” (king of the manlets) about 240lbs. It’s 50/50 in work over what my nickname is, Shrek or wreck it Ralph. I know I’m not the guy people look at and think let’s fuck with chubbman. I’ve been told as much many times.

It’s a good thing too because my bitchass has 30 seconds of fight in me and I’m saving that for the next person who cuts in line at KFC.
I'm in the same boat at 5'9" 230. Got good strength and speed but 0 cardio.

I'm 5'7" and people don't fuck with me. I'm also tan, beautiful and athletic & explosive (not black lol) So my answer would be not very tall and ugly.

Last edited:
Back