How are we not talking about Joao Assis X Saulo Ribeiro Superfight??

Saulo has also.been talking crazy lately too.....he wants to include weapon training into bjj along with cultural/history lessions lol.

I don't see a problem with including historical context and even weapons training into BJJ. It was designed to fight, and weapons are a part of that. Even if you are a pure sport fan, how can you not appreciate that?

Saulo has also.been talking crazy lately too.....he wants to include weapon training into bjj along with cultural/history lessions lol.

Why is that stupid? How common is it for someone to use a weapon in a fight? Pretty common..... infact a smart man (or scared) man would use a weapon probably most of the time if they can get their hands on it.

Why is that stupid? How common is it for someone to use a weapon in a fight? Pretty common..... infact a smart man (or scared) man would use a weapon probably most of the time if they can get their hands on it.

Nothing stupid about it...just odd....i believe its ancient weapon training not like knife or.cqc stuff. Also saulo gives purple belts a white belt with a purple tip.... Seems like his approach is to take the art more old school and traditional ala helio gracie side of the family.....Not a big fan of that sides philiosophy.p

Nothing stupid about it...just odd....i believe its ancient weapon training not like knife or.cqc stuff. Also saulo gives purple belts a white belt with a purple tip.... Seems like his approach is to take the art more old school and traditional ala helio gracie side of the family.....Not a big fan of that sides philiosophy.p

This was brought up recently here. It seems that Saulo no longer down grades belts and may never have done so.

a smart man (or scared) man would use a weapon probably most of the time if they can get their hands on it.

depends.

you use a weapon and the other guy is not, and you kill him with that weapon things might not go well law wise.
you would probably have to prove that your life was in danger.

anytime you use a weapon you better be ready to kill that person.

depends.

you use a weapon and the other guy is not, and you kill him with that weapon things might not go well law wise.
you would probably have to prove that your life was in danger.

anytime you use a weapon you better be ready to kill that person.

That wasnt my point. If a weapon is available a majority of people are probably gonna use it if they get scared enough.

I asked Saulo...he never directly downgraded. He just wants a purple belt of his to know the history.

Oh no he didn't!

imager.php
haha
cmon.gif

Did jao post and then remove comments? Vinny seams to be lighting him up!

Grapplers calling out each other is very lame, especially since Vinny is hurt right now I just think he should keep it to himself.

How the heck did I just go from a blue to a green belt? I got demoted on Sherdog?

Grapplers calling out each other is very lame, especially since Vinny is hurt right now I just think he should keep it to himself.

Unfortunately hype and trash talking gets people talking...

People talking = $$$$$$

I think the title "Greatest Grappler of 2010" lends itself to defensive posturing.

Carlinhos didn't think Hilary spent the appropriate amount of time at white belt.

...I think the title "Greatest Grappler of 2010" lends itself to defensive posturing.

I have issue with this too. He might be the best in Grappler's Quest but that doesn't mean he is the best on the planet.

Back