How 'advanced' are 13-yr old wrestlers compared to this?

warmer

Yellow Belt
@Yellow
Reaction score
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EbmbScZgZD8

Just watched this great 7 minute short on this prodigious boxer/kickboxing kid out of Brooklyn. It's extremely impressive striking. It looks like he gets some seriously great training.

Now lets say there was another kid on the block. 13 years old, but who was just purely obsessed with wrestling.

Do most school wrestling teams prepare kids at this age where anyone could be as good as this kid, but in a grapping-aspect? What I mean is, can kids get unbelievably good through school teams at this age, or do wrestlers tend to really evolve later on in high school training?

I'm ultimately very interested in how a top-state 13 yr old wrestler would fare against this kid in an MMA match. Anyone with wrestling experience want to weigh in?

The son of Ze Radiola is a 13 year old green belt who has been pan-am champ for 5 times as yellow and orange.

I guess BJJ is easier to spot prodigies given since they can compete in much bigger tournaments.

It all depends on their coach and their workout partners. There are some 13 year olds who take the sport very seriously, get very high level coaching, and work out with college/international seniors. I coached a 13 year old whose uncle was a world champ. After a 2 years he was beating some college guys who were full grown adults.

It all depends on their coach and their workout partners. There are some 13 year olds who take the sport very seriously, get very high level coaching, and work out with college/international seniors. I coached a 13 year old whose uncle was a world champ. After a 2 years he was beating some college guys who were full grown adults.

Wow, makes me regret not wrestling. Only regret in this world. Is this 13 year old freakishly strong or is he beating these college guys with tech. ?

yeah ive seen it first hand.. Ive beaten some college guy during my sr year but that after being coached by some college people.. ,
but there are some phenomenal kids that will contest with college grad wrestlers at a young age.. usually 8th or 9th grade state champs.. One dude i know was a freaking monster on the mat period no matter who it was.. just trained all around the clock

Wow, makes me regret not wrestling. Only regret in this world. Is this 13 year old freakishly strong or is he beating these college guys with tech. ?

Its not just one. It happens some times. The kid I was coaching for example, started at age 5, had a world champion uncle, and had his own wrestling room. Add in he had a current All American and US Open placer for a personal coach. He was beating a few guys in college. Once you understand positioning, you can beat guys 2x your strength without doing much if they dont understand positioning as well as you do.

I see a lot of these child prodigies from striking and a couple from bjj. I would like to see some of these kickboxing and muay thai (especially the ones from thailand) prodigies fight a kid from wrestling who is just as good in his own sport. That would be fun to watch =)

Back