How about Fedor vs. Brandon Vera?

WSOFool

Orange Belt
@Orange
Reaction score
It's not like ONE keeps him busy...Rizin could probably get him for a match. He isn't a spring chicken and would be Fedor's most credible opponent since Henderson...or is he too dangerous at this point?

I'd watch, Vera has looked good in has last couple of fights/

It's not like ONE keeps him busy...Rizin could probably get him for a match. He isn't a spring chicken and would be Fedor's most credible opponent since Henderson...or is he too dangerous at this point?

If Vera is too dangerous at this point, then there is no point in the future in which Fedor will be a threat again in any real way. And I say that as a fan of Vera.

Evolve will just sign Singh instead to keep Vera protected.

meh, decent I suppose.

But I've never thought much of Vera at all.

Brandon would be a perfect match up for Fedor right now!

Denis Stojnic would be an even better fight though

Would've been a lot better than Singh Jaideep.

I agree, but let's keep this in perspective. At LHW, Vera got muscled around and beaten by Keith Jardine, old Couture (in one of his last fights) and Thiago Silva. Silva, in particular, embarrassed him, and we all know how Thiago has looked recently. And of course Shogun and Rothwell (at HW) TKO'd him. The last guy Vera dominated in the UFC was Mike Patt, who really had no business in the UFC.

So Vera would be better than Singh or ancient versions of Monson or Rizzo....but he's still not a relevant fighter at this point. Sure, he's looked good recently, but look at his competition...

If Vera didn't work out, there's always Ricco Rodriguez. He's on a nice losing streak.

There are better options for him. Bellator fighters or Blagoi, Silva etc..

I agree, but let's keep this in perspective. At LHW, Vera got muscled around and beaten by Keith Jardine, old Couture (in one of his last fights) and Thiago Silva. Silva, in particular, embarrassed him, and we all know how Thiago has looked recently. And of course Shogun and Rothwell (at HW) TKO'd him. The last guy Vera dominated in the UFC was Mike Patt, who really had no business in the UFC.

So Vera would be better than Singh or ancient versions of Monson or Rizzo....but he's still not a relevant fighter at this point. Sure, he's looked good recently, but look at his competition...
It would be more for marquee value, and Emelianenko fighting another top UFC name from the time he was PRIDE champion (2006), which is still an interesting angle to explore.

There was a time the UFC threw $7,000,000 at Brandon Vera because they thought he was going to beat Sylvia and Arlovski to become their heavyweight champion and Filipino superstar.

The ironic thing is, if they would've thrown around the same kind of money at Emelianenko around the same time, they might've gotten him, and chances are he would've beaten Sylvia, Arlovski, and Couture to be their heavyweight champion and a bigger draw than Vera could've been.

Back