How about Dvalishvili vs. Yan?

Kratos94

Green Belt
@Green
Reaction score
Sterling doesn't want to fight Yan, and it is clear who will win the rematch whenever it will happen.

While Sterling heals up - or whatever he's doing- why not make Yan vs. Dvalishvili?

It would be ideal in Russia; in somewhere like Sochi. Ethnic tensions between Georgians and Russians (although Yan's grandfather is Georgian); Sterling's training partner; Dvalishvili is on a good winning streak, and both are in the top 10 (Merab should be in the top 5 after beating #5, Moraes).

I think Yan would end up putting a beating on Merab, due to Merab's inability to control from the top; Yan's clinch work; scrambling ability, and there should be no question as to who the better striker is either.

Thoughts?

TJ... Cory... Font... Dvalishvili.

It's like Christmas looking forward to Yan smashing all these guys.

Merab was badly rocked and took a lot of shots to the head this past Saturday. If he cares about the longevity of his career, he should give his brain time to heal instead of rushing to fight 5 weeks later.

I like it. Mostly because I don’t like Merab and he will get demolished.

Screen Shot 2021-09-27 at 8.32.28 AM.png I definitely like option better than sandhagen (coming off of loss). Sure, the Corey/TJ fight could have gone either way, but it's still a loss... Merab looked great and I think it's the best choice. Another option (that'll be very unpopular) is O'Malley.

Merab's standup is not good enough to do anything against Yan. And Yan's graplling is solid enough to keep it standing. Will be a beating.

I feel like Rob Font should be the frontrunner, not Cory (which seems to be the case). UFC's done this before with Jose Aldo getting a title shot after a controversial loss. Cory should get at least one win before getting a title shot, IMO, but the UFC doesn't care about that.

I'd rather see Yan vs. Sandhagen, but a thought just occurred to me; Merab is a training partner to Sterling, and if he were to somehow beat Yan for the title if it were stripped, it could result in a split at Serra-Longo like with Rashad leaving Jackson-Wink. This is all very "What if" speculation, but it would be interesting, regardless.

Back