Housing market crash incoming?

Oregonmma

2x Ice cream belt
@Brown
Reaction score
I keep seeing reels/tik toks pop up from real estate or financial advisors saying there will be a market crash soon. They say the interest is supposed to drop 3 times lower than what they are now. Not sure when this is supposed to happen but somethings gotta give with how ridiculously expensive houses are now.

I've got some money saved up but I was debating about taking a trip to Panama or Nicaragua. Should I just keep saving money in hopes of the market dropping significantly?

Any real estate sherbros know anything about this?

What current issue would cause the housing market to crash? Lower interest rates would cause the market to go up.

I don't see anything on the horizon that would cause the housing market to crash. I can see it dipping but not all that much.

Stay off tiktok. You're a grown man for Christ sake.

What current issue would cause the housing market to crash? Lower interest rates would cause the market to go up.

I don't see anything on the horizon that would cause the housing market to crash. I can see it dipping but not all that much.

Stay off tiktok. You're a grown man for Christ sake.
What current issue? We have 2 generations that can't afford to buy houses. Tons of overpriced houses are just sitting.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/ar...market-prediction-crash-Great-Depression.html

It does seem like a house of cards, but there also seems to be some sort of external force manipulating things.

logically it should have collapsed already.

Cost of living thru the roof

Homelessness rising

Loans harder to get and at high interest rates limiting buying power

Real estate continuing to soar.

How's that work?

<{1-10}>

Im my area houses are still selling in a few weeks. I would say it depends on the area your talking about. Quite a few housing markets are still red hot it seems.

This is not happening because there's a new trend of massive corporations buying up all the inventory of houses in the country. Something like 1 out of every 3 houses that have been bought recently were bought by companies to rent to families. Soon it will be 3 out of every 4 houses will be owned by companies.

I have so many side jobs doing maintenance on these houses. I get called for broken ACs, plumbing, electrical, etc.. all the time. My phone rings non stop and it's all from these companies looking for tradesmen to fix shit their tenants are breaking. I've been doing this for 20 years and it's only recently that companies start calling me, instead of homeowners themselves. That's why I charge them up the ass and they still pay me.

I've heard speculation but these articles are popping up now more than ever.

That's the internet. Are those articles popping up more AFTER you clicked on 1 or 2 similar articles previously? I bet they are.

Ai writes a LOT of articles you see online. And the algorithms job is to get you to click on something, so they showyou more and more of what you already have shown interest in.

And what is the best way to get you to click something? Fear. In your case, they're using your fear of a possible housing market crash to get you to click on those articles.

Or maybe there is a crash coming. shit idk.

The variable here is not being looked at correctly. It isn't the prices that are unsustainable as that won't change IMHO. Investors/developers (some off shore) are buying all the inventory. The rental market is where it is at as supply and demand. I do not see this crashing anytime soon, but I see many hard times for those looking to buy and even rent.

This is not happening because there's a new trend of massive corporations buying up all the inventory of houses in the country. Something like 1 out of every 3 houses that have been bought recently were bought by companies to rent to families. Soon it will be 3 out of every 4 houses will be owned by companies.

I have so many side jobs doing maintenance on these houses. I get called for broken ACs, plumbing, electrical, etc.. all the time. My phone rings non stop and it's all from these companies looking for tradesmen to fix shit their tenants are breaking. I've been doing this for 20 years and it's only recently that companies start calling me, instead of homeowners themselves. That's why I charge them up the ass and they still pay me.
I said this same thing basically but hadn't seen your comment. This is absolutely the case and those investors/corporations have deep pockets. They are competitive and they don't squabble over a couple hundred grand extra as they are spreading those losses out over tons of properties.

What current issue? We have 2 generations that can't afford to buy houses. Tons of overpriced houses are just sitting.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/ar...market-prediction-crash-Great-Depression.html

I know there's an issue with prices being too high but there needs to be an issue that would cause the collapse and that's not really going to do it unfortunately.

Tons of people would need to be buying up a bunch of stocks on margin or be given loans that they can't afford in order for a legit crash to happen. If people can pay their rent/mortgage, then there won't be a crash.

The entire system is basically just a big ponzi scheme but the government has the ability to keep it going basically forever if they want to.

The variable here is not being looked at correctly. It isn't the prices that are unsustainable as that won't change IMHO. Investors/developers (some off shore) are buying all the inventory. The rental market is where it is at as supply and demand. I do not see this crashing anytime soon, but I see many hard times for those looking to buy and even rent.
This shit shouldn't even be legal. Especially if you don't live in the country.

I'm assuming you're in the US. Obviously it is market dependent, but in the US supply is very tight, which is propping up prices. Unless/until supply outpaces demand, no, prices will not crash. They may stagnate or come down modestly, but no crash. If I were you I would either buy now and re-fi in a couple years at hopefully lower rates, or wait for interest rates to come down later this year as they're projecting 3 cuts in 2024.

The high interest rates were actually part of not letting the market continue to bubble up until it bursts.

They'll be brought down slowly over time so the economy has sustainable growth and we don't end up in a recession and trying to implement austerity measures that make that recession even worse for the average person trying to get by.

Unless idiots get in charge of the White House and push the fed to slash rates quickly causing a rapid boom followed by a bust.

If interest rates do not come down as expected, there will be a problem. There have been many buydown lender programs. These people are literally depending on refinancing at a lower rate in 2 years.

Back