Horiguchi to win all major bantaweight titles except UFC

rudel

Yellow Belt
@Yellow
Reaction score
I remember 2 decades ago there was a wrestler named ultimo dragon, he was holding all cruiserweight belts and whenever he went to other organizations, they were willing go give up the belt to him.

now kyoji holding rizin and bellator bantamweights simultaneously, could be the start, he can go to one championship and fight for the title, and go to other lesser known organizations like Road FC, KSW, PFL, M1

Remember DJ said it's his dream to go promotion to promotion to win all their titles.

In terms of Horiguchi, his schedule is going to be pretty booked between Bellator and Rizin. But sure if I'm playing along people keep mentioning Victor Henry in DEEP.

You're acting as if everyone is just going to let him do this. This isn't pro wrestling. Promoters not named Scott Coker tend to be protective of their titles, because they have brains and a sense for business.

ONE ain't letting him fight for the title unless they're able to lock him into a multi fight contract first. One of the reasons why I don't think we'll see the DJ rematch any time soon, which sucks to say.

You're acting as if everyone is just going to let him do this. This isn't pro wrestling. Promoters not named Scott Coker tend to be protective of their titles, because they have brains and a sense for business.
Caldwell was a non-draw. Coker was dying to get rid of him or the division.

Caldwell was a non-draw. Coker was dying to get rid of him or the division.
Coker finding a way to get Horiguchi into Bellator, even if only for 1 fight a year, is a positive not a negative.

Bellator champs going to other orgs especially, the bantamweight champs doesn't have a great track record for them(caldwell, dantas etc)

One aint making that fight.

MMA Fun Fact, at one point Eddie Alvarez was the Lineal Champ of all MMA major MMA promotions except Sengoku! Seriously underrated guy. People should be talking about him like they talk about Mousasi. Unlike Mousasi it would actually be warranted.

Anyways, if anyone scrolled through Pitbull's Instagram, he alluded to wanting to fight Caldwell for the BW title. I absolutely LOVE the idea of a Horiguchi-Pitbull fight. Violence guaranteed!

MMA Fun Fact, at one point Eddie Alvarez was the Lineal Champ of all MMA major MMA promotions except Sengoku! Seriously underrated guy. People should be talking about him like they talk about Mousasi. Unlike Mousasi it would actually be warranted.

Anyways, if anyone scrolled through Pitbull's Instagram, he alluded to wanting to fight Caldwell for the BW title. I absolutely LOVE the idea of a Horiguchi-Pitbull fight. Violence guaranteed!
Yeah Eddie is pretty great. Also need to consider that he avenged the Aoki and Chandler losses.

Japanese promotions have allowed their champions to fight one another in the past, if not necessarily in title fights, though. Akira Kikuchi vs Katsuya Inoue, for example, was Shooto champ vs Pancrase champ and there have been other instances.

He's going to need belts for his belts, like that Artem meme picture. I'd love to see him accomplish this, I'm not sure if One would allow him in though since they aren't a Japanese org and so aren't part of that shared history that Shooto/Pancrase/Rings/etc. had where you would sometimes see champs moving around (i mean hell you'd see UFC champs fights in Japanese orgs way back when and sometimes lose).

Japanese promotions have allowed their champions to fight one another in the past, if not necessarily in title fights, though. Akira Kikuchi vs Katsuya Inoue, for example, was Shooto champ vs Pancrase champ and there have been other instances.

Japanese promotions in combat sports are also notoriously corrupt and more than likely the winner was predetermined by the highest bidder.

No other promoter will risk him fighting their champion unless it guarantees he'd be tied into a long term exclusive deal with them

Japanese promotions in combat sports are also notoriously corrupt and more than likely the winner was predetermined by the highest bidder.
This is so true you guys, Akira Kikuchi is a FRAUD. Jake Shields was robbed.

Well, Shooto is actually notoriously clean. They were determined, from the outset, to distinguish themselves from the shoot-style professional wrestling movement that they broke away from through the use of a transparent and consistent rule-set, rankings criteria and weight-classes.

In the case of the Shooto vs Pancrase bouts that occurred in organizations like K-1 HEROS, I'm pretty sure they both just took a risk and matched their reigning champs up. And Pancrase ended up looking horrible, because Kikuchi blew Inoue out.

Eddie is a top 5 all time 155er. People on here underrate him badly.

I want him, lineker, and Mighty Mouse to square off

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoyceOuthw
Back