Horace Grant v Kevin Burnett

MC Paul Barman

Gold Belt
Platinum Member
Reaction score
Please some say they were watching the end of this.

Burnett is more than likely winning the fight.
The very last second of the fight Grant drops him. Burnett gets up on the 9th second of the 10 count.

It was wild.

Unbelievable. I wasn't paying attention and just heard the bell and then the crowd react. I looked back and saw Burnett down, shocked the hell out of me.

It was fucking crazy.
The crowd started booing with like 5 seconds left.... I was just about to get up and BOOM! And then Burnett finds a way to beat the count!? He looked out of it. Grant looked like "aaaahhhh FUCK".

Great stuff.

Seemed like the ref started the count a little late. I really wanted Grant to win that one.

I heard the booing and peeked over just as Tessitore lost his fucking mind. That was awesome.

LOL!
Funny way to put it.
You almost had me spitting Mountain Dew over my computer.

Well I don't really know how to describe it other than that. I've never heard Joe react like that... What is it with Sherdog and Mountain Dew anyway?

That was a crazy finish to the fight for sure. Overall I thought it was a pretty shitty night of fights. But I watched anyways.

221325.jpg

Im not a huge boxing fan but I was watching from the 3rd on and rooting for Grant. That was pretty fucking unbeleivable. I thought the ref had a slow count. When he got to six or seven he really took his time IMO. Should have been a KO. If the ref doesn't screw that up (IMO of course) you have an all time great moment in boxing. Very suiting for the ten year anniversery or whatever they have going on with Friday Night Fights.

Also war Hagler for not giving in and sticking to his guns.

Anyone else see this on ESPN's Friday night Fights? WOW! Horace gettin boxed up all fight straight up KO's Kevin right at the ending bell of the fight... but Burnett recovered and won the decision! Id be pissed if i had the best knockdown of the fight (of almost any fight...WOW!) and still lost! Almost clutch...but just a lil short!!!

"Oh a right hand right at the bell! Did that get in in time?....... YES IT DID!!! HE HAS TO BEAT THIS COUNT!!! CAN YOU BELIEVE THIS!?!?!?"

Yea I've watched it a couple times...

Im not a huge boxing fan but I was watching from the 3rd on and rooting for Grant. That was pretty fucking unbeleivable. I thought the ref had a slow count. When he got to six or seven he really took his time IMO. Should have been a KO. If the ref doesn't screw that up (IMO of course) you have an all time great moment in boxing. Very suiting for the ten year anniversery or whatever they have going on with Friday Night Fights.

Also war Hagler for not giving in and sticking to his guns.

What was wrong with his count? I'm no fan of Joe Cortez but he started at the right time (thanks to the guy outside) and he didn't slow down after 6 or 7...

i thought the ref had a slow count no lie i actually believe it to be exactly 1 second off but either way it was a crazy ending

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoyceOuthw
Back