Hoping for a quick Youl Romero turnaround

zxyss25

Brown Belt
@Brown
Reaction score
Father time is not on his side and it appears he didnt really take any damage vs Tavares...lets see him get a quick turnaround, hopefully against Kenendy or Rockhold

Still not much of a name/draw. Could possibly match him up with Souza on the Brasilia card in September.

He may be older but if his body hasn't been battered he could have the age of mid thirties but body of a 20 year old. It all depends on tread miles.

There was a rumor going around on twitter that he's fighting Tim Kennedy this summer.

I also hope he stays active while the Lyoto/Weidman/Vitor situation gets sorted out.

Still not much of a name/draw. Could possibly match him up with Souza on the Brasilia card in September.

But then hed be fighting another guy who is yet to connect with the fans and really draw. If your trying to build Yoel quick I think u have to sacrifice someone who is currently still relevant or someone who was relevant recently. Maybe do:
Yoel vs Bisping
Yoel vs Boetsch
Yoel vs. Rockhold
Yoel vs CB

Sherdog, along with any other MMA fan, likes excitement and KOs, which is something this guy brings when he fights.

plus......Sherdog loves true world class wrestling credentials, freakish strength, top notch athleticism, and heavy hands.

I see his next two fights as this, Romero Vs Dollaway, and then assuming he wins Romero Vs Bisping.

Yeah me too, I'm huge fan of Yoel and his potential, as far as age it is somewhat concerning but even at 37 he is still the quickest and most athletic guy in middleweight division.

Yeah, I hope the Kennedy fight gets made

Me too, good fight for him. Better wrestling and much more speed than Kennedy. I could see him KOing him or just being the better athlete and outworking him for 3 rounds.

I want to see Romero fight Weidman. That sounds like a sick match up.

Kennedy vs Romero should happen and the winner of that fight should fight the loser of Machida/Weidman.

Father time is not on his side and it appears he didnt really take any damage vs Tavares...lets see him get a quick turnaround, hopefully against Kenendy or Rockhold

Problem with Romero is he doesn't seem to have the personality to hype himself up too much.

Me too, good fight for him. Better wrestling and much more speed than Kennedy. I could see him KOing him or just being the better athlete and outworking him for 3 rounds.

I think Kennedy has better MMA wrestling due to his top control and TDD. It would be an interesting wrestling battle.

He should be able to log another fight quick given his recent streak

ief79x.gif

Kennedy has a head made of a rock though. In a three rounder I would take Romero, but in a five round headliner I would lean towards Kennedy. Tim has a gas tank for days and the better submission grappling.

Give him a high profile fighter next. Jacare, Kennedy or Rockhold. The guy is like 37 but he is markeatable and bring good skills at the table.

Let him bang bro!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
plasterby
Back