• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Hoover Dam

The 26,000-Year Astronomical Monument Hidden in Plain Sight
On the western flank of the Hoover Dam stands a little-understood monument, commissioned by the US Bureau of Reclamation when construction of the dam began in 01931. The most noticeable parts of this corner of the dam, now known as Monument Plaza, are the massive winged bronze sculptures and central flagpole which are often photographed by visitors. The most amazing feature of this plaza, however, is under their feet as they take those pictures.

The plaza’s terrazzo floor is actually a celestial map that marks the time of the dam’s creation based on the 25,772-year axial precession of the earth.

0*bx7V-9aallbq_Yw3.jpg

0*Db-LhI9UfyMj06-k.jpg

I'm moving to Shasta County in a year, other half and I were driving for ages to find the lake, we didn't know it dried up and no longer exists.
I wish. They would build giant flood control pipelines around the Us, so. Many areas flood while others are in severe drought

a little eninnwering and giving a fuck could fix that.

Yeah it's depressing. Our campground that we've been going to for year's used to be right by the shore. Now it's over a mile away and gets further and further every year.
The sat nav kept showing blue so we were driving around for ages. I saw the ridges on the sides where the water went down and down level wise and worked it out that it wasn't there anymore. Great for property prices for us but a shame for the tourism industry being there aren't any houseboats and people holidaying like before.

I wish. They would build giant flood control pipelines around the Us, so. Many areas flood while others are in severe drought

a little eninnwering and giving a fuck could fix that.
I mean Orroville isn't a gazillion miles away and is still gravy AFAIK.

You're doing fine where you live I'm sure, it seems pretty sweet. You're affluent enough to move if you didn't want to live there and your NYEs seem really swell.

I mean Orroville isn't a gazillion miles away and is still gravy AFAIK.

You're doing fine where you live I'm sure, it seems pretty sweet. You're affluent enough to move if you didn't want to live there and your NYEs seem really swell.
I’m a mile or so away from the water so I’ve been ok, everytime I’m about to nut up and buy a house on the water it floods and reminds me why. I’m a mile away lol

Back