Hooker got wrecked.

Hookers grappling and wrestling should get some of the spot light here.

Imo, he showed his ceiling is higher...

People cried about Jones vs Reyes but there is no way Hooker should have gotten the nod at all.

Hooker became a panic wrestler and did nothing with the takedown. Felder pressed the action and landed cleaner more effective strikes.

Felder is a light skinned ginger so he tends to wear damage more than his opponents but he WON that fight.

Why isn’t the pink-goof, DW, not up on arms about this nonsense?
True but this fight was in the middle of nowhere and people were watching Boxing the real Goat sport.

you need glasses. hooker had the back sometimes and was getting side control at times. thats being in control of the grappling

Felder fought a boxing match and Hooker fought an MMA match. Hooker did more!

View attachment 734761
I think this is a fair assessment. The TD's in the 5th people might feel don't score but we have seen over and over judges scoring TD's highly and strike numbers were fairly even.

Interestingly the judges didn't get close to agreeing, all 3 had different scores

Howard Hughes scored the fight on point, sadly he was swayed by hookers desperate takedown and crowds reaction in the 5th. Judge David Lethaby??? Sounds like a kiwi or a Brit. Somone research this guy. I thought MMA was scored on octagon control, who lands the most damaging shots, activity and strikes landed. Paul successfully won in every criteria. Even rocking him multiple times in 5th and 4th. All of a sudden jabs and most leg kicks score higher????
hooker 1: Takedown landed in five attempts

11: Unofficial media scorecards, of the 16 tracked by MMADecisions.com, that saw the fight in favor of Felder. Four submitted scorecards for Hooker, while another had it as a draw.
.PNG
G.PNG

Last edited:
Fighters who start to panic wrestle need to get points deducted.

These gay rules are starting to ruin the sport.
I see where you’re coming from. If I was a judge and saw a guy panic wrestle, I’d see it as admitting the stand up was lost.

What? Call me crazy but Hooker has got KO power. He just didnt land a flush hook to Felder...

Plus Felders chin is made from granite...

I will call you crazy.

Hooker is a finisher for sure, has one of every type of finish inside the UFC, and he finished your mom last night.

Saying he's not a finisher then adding Felder has an Iron chin makes me think I don't want us to meet up IRL because its on fucking sight

Why is everyone trying to make Paul Felder a thing?

Why is everyone trying to make Paul Felder a thing?
I half believe that if Felder got the nod, the exact same amount of bitching about ‘robbery’ would be happening on sherdog. Felder himself is beside the point.

It’s so stupid. Although I thought the first 4 rounds were pretty obvious, it turns out that there is a ton of disagreement - among the judges and the fans - about rounds 2-4. And 5 of course.

Close rounds are (by definition ffs) close. MMA judging is not an exact science because it’s not a point fighting system like karate. Subjectivity is basically built into it. So the gray area around a close fight is - purposely - quite vast.

It’s time sherdoggers got a clue. Maybe I need to give each of them a quarter to buy one.

Last edited:
He's a average 3 round fighter that can do some Aussie cards, nothing more

They were both fucked up but Hooker Edged it out IMO.

Not a robbery - no even close.

Fighters who start to panic wrestle need to get points deducted.

These gay rules are starting to ruin the sport.

It’s Mma, it’s part of the game .Its just that they aren’t on GSPs level to switch from striking and take their opponent down at will.

View attachment 734761

Howard Hughes scored the fight on point, sadly he was swayed by hookers desperate takedown and crowds reaction in the 5th. Judge David Lethaby??? Sounds like a kiwi or a Brit. Somone research this guy. I thought MMA was scored on octagon control, who lands the most damaging shots, activity and strikes landed. Paul successfully won in every criteria. Even rocking him multiple times in 5th and 4th. All of a sudden jabs and most leg kicks score higher????
hooker 1: Takedown landed in five attempts

11: Unofficial media scorecards, of the 16 tracked by MMADecisions.com, that saw the fight in favor of Felder. Four submitted scorecards for Hooker, while another had it as a draw.
View attachment 734763
View attachment 734765

What that says is 1 in 3 ppl thought hooker won, that is a lot of disagreement with felder.

Damaging shots is very subjective. While felder indeed landed plenty of heavy shots, he also looked like a mess pretty quickly. Leg kicks have become a massive weapon to do damage in mma. You often see fighters react more to a few leg kicks than being repeatedly punched in the face.

I often wonder what MMA would like it if you gave everything a point value and literally worked it on stats. For example jab x points, hard blow y points, TD z points etc and then just totaled it each round. You could even give points per 10 seconds of control time etc.

If you read the current rules of scoring is actually black magic and not explicitly written in the rules what each thing is worth, just a rank. For example is 2 heavy punches worth more than a take down? More clarity in the rules might lead to better or at least more clear/consistent decisions. When you keep having all 3 judges scoring fights differently it shows there isn't enough clarity in the scoring system IMO.

Last 2 rds Hooker didn't want to fight. They need to change the scoring criteria. Hooker didn't clearly win a single fucking rd but there were 3 close rds. You shouldn't be allowed to avoid the fight for the last 2 rds and get the nod. Fuck that shit!

<{JustBleed}>

What that says is 1 in 3 ppl thought hooker won, that is a lot of disagreement with felder.

Damaging shots is very subjective. While felder indeed landed plenty of heavy shots, he also looked like a mess pretty quickly. Leg kicks have become a massive weapon to do damage in mma. You often see fighters react more to a few leg kicks than being repeatedly punched in the face.

I often wonder what MMA would like it if you gave everything a point value and literally worked it on stats. For example jab x points, hard blow y points, TD z points etc and then just totaled it each round. You could even give points per 10 seconds of control time etc.

If you read the current rules of scoring is actually black magic and not explicitly written in the rules what each thing is worth, just a rank. For example is 2 heavy punches worth more than a take down? More clarity in the rules might lead to better or at least more clear/consistent decisions. When you keep having all 3 judges scoring fights differently it shows there isn't enough clarity in the scoring system IMO.
Well thats just it, what exactly is each judge looking for? Do they favor one style over another or strikes more than others. Historically in MMA Power shot is worth 10 hard kicks or 20 jabs just examples. if someone gets dropped in the first 10 seconds but then rides out the round on top but zero offense. Some will choose one way and others another way. Its all based on perspective. Ive seen fighters faces get destroyed in rnd 1 and dominate the rest of the fight but not inflict anywhere near the same visual Damage.

But since you mention the calf kicks and strikes in general, who reacted the most or at all. Felder took plenty with out a single grimace, the commentators were reacting for him that also helps steer viewers into thinking they were worse. When felder calf kicked hooker he did a terrible poker face, lost his footing. Felders face was busted up but how well did he hide it? When hooker took big shots he flew across the octagon, was nearly dropped multiple times. He was like bobble head 4th and 5th. Tired and hurt shooting in desperation, not for points but to save his ass.

My point is a lot happens in a fight and there are so many auditory and visual factors for one to pay attention too, be distracted by etc..... were never all gonna see it the same. Thats why finishes are so nice cause it doesn't matter so much. i kinda liked your idea about the points and always agreed with nick diaz ABout yellow/red cards.

Last 2 rds Hooker didn't want to fight. They need to change the scoring criteria. Hooker didn't clearly win a single fucking rd but there were 3 close rds. You shouldn't be allowed to avoid the fight for the last 2 rds and get the nod. Fuck that shit!

<{JustBleed}>
esspeacially since people our always saying how important they are, win just 4 and 5 its your fight. 10-8 for not engageing or bring bring in pride rules with yellow and red cards

I wanted Felder to win. To me, he still should have got the nod.

However

I had it

10-9 Hooker
10-9 Felder
10-9 Hooker
10-9 Felder
10-9 Hooker

In round 5. Hooker got the takedown. He controlled him for the last minute and a half or so. And when he scrambled to get up? Hooker controlled him and brought him back down. It was a very close round until that but Felder was winning.

I hate that Hooker shot that TD to win the fight... but if he had been the guy you were rooting for them you would be happy because he sealed the W on 2/3 of the scorecards by using his fight IQ and won the fight.

<{JustBleed}>

did you not see Jones-Reyes? most of us had Reyes win first three rounds but he coasted the last two and Jones did not and he lost.

Hendricks coasted in round 5 and lost to GSP

Forrest Griffin never stopped fighting Rampage and won

Henry Cejudo did not stop in round 5 and unseated the flyweight GOAT

Lawler went ballistic in round 5 in the rematch with Hendricks who tried to wrestlefuck and got the split nod

Overeem dropped his guard and got KO’d and his face reconfigured

Always defend yourself against your opponent is an expression often said when someone gets hit with a cheap shot but let’s not forget that you should fight from bell to bell no matter what. The fight ain’t over until the last bell.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
plasterby
Back