Honestly, I'm not impressed by the current champs.

I just feel like in every division, there has been a better champ. With the exception of LW (Khabib) and LHW

FLYweight: DJ
Bantam: Cruz
Feather:Aldo
LW: Khabib
WW: GSP
MW: Anderson
LHW: Jones
HW: werdum

I just think that the current crop outside of those two dont fit the bill.

I dont see Robert as a world beater, nor Henry Cejudo or Marlon
I’m with you on all your picks except hw and there might be 5 or 6 guys who could be argued for in that division.
Now a days people seem to hate dominant champs and as soon as a guy defends once he is being presured to move up and fight bigger guys.

I’m with you on all your picks except hw and there might be 5 or 6 guys who could be argued for in that division.
Now a days people seem to hate dominant champs and as soon as a guy defends once he is being presured to move up and fight bigger guys.

and then he loses, it sucks not having a dom champ/

and then he loses, it sucks not having a dom champ/
Yes I think Max made a mistake by moving up. Also a lot of the time people are asking for someone to move up because they want them to lose(Jones) but it’s in their best interest to just keep being the best.

werdum subbed fedor, dc lost to a LHW in his prime
Werdum read face first into Stipe, who defended the belt more than any other HW. Cormier beat him and other good competition at HW and has never lost at HW.

Yeah he lost to Jones twice. Jones is considered by many to be the best fighter ever. If Jones was never born, Cormier is undefeated in two weight classes.

I just feel like in every division, there has been a better champ. With the exception of LW (Khabib) and LHW

FLYweight: DJ
Bantam: Cruz
Feather:Aldo
LW: Khabib
WW: GSP
MW: Anderson
LHW: Jones
HW: werdum

I just think that the current crop outside of those two dont fit the bill.

I dont see Robert as a world beater, nor Henry Cejudo or Marlon
Marlon is a world beater.

You're highlighting all the champs with the longest reigns. So you're basically saying we have a lot of champs that don't have many defenses. I think most people think they're all pretty legit. And the way MMA is evolving, I feel like it's going to be harder for a champ to remain dominant for long periods of time like the guys you highlighted.

tenor.gif

Almost like its harder to keep a streak in this days divisions, who would have thought.

Back