Homogenized milk -vs- Non-Homogenized milk

Chuck Boner

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
http://www.milkprocon.org/questions/homogenization.htm

PRO (YES) *Against Homogenized Milk*

Robert Cohen, Executive Director of the Dairy Education Board, wrote in his article (accessed Nov. 28, 2007) "Homogenized Milk: Rocket Fuel for Cancer," published on www.health101.org, that:

"Homogenization is the worst thing that dairymen did to milk. Simple proteins rarely survive digestion in a balanced world.

When milk is homogenized, it passes through a fine filter at pressures equal to 4,000 pounds per square inch, and in so doing, the fat globules (liposomes) are made smaller (micronized) by a factor of ten times or more. These fat molecules become evenly dispersed within the liquid milk.

Milk is a hormonal delivery system. With homogenization, milk becomes a very powerful and efficient way of bypassing normal digestive processes and delivering steroid and protein hormones to the human body (both your hormones and the cow's natural hormones and the ones they were injected with to produce more milk).

Through homogenization, fat molecules in milk become smaller and become 'capsules' for substances that bypass digestion. Proteins that would normally be digested in the stomach or gut are not broken down, and are absorbed into the bloodstream

http://www.milkprocon.org/questions/homogenization.htm

CON (NO) *Not against Homogenized milk*

Laura Paajanen, Division of Nutrition at the University of Helsinki, and Tuula Tuure, Researcher at Vailo Ltd., and co-authors Tuija Poussa and Riitta Korpela, wrote in their 2003 article, "No Difference in Symptoms During Challenges with Homogenized and Unhomogenized Cow's Milk in Subjects with Subjective Hypersensitivity to Homogenized Milk," published in the Journal of Dairy Research, that:

"In the present study

My question is, what type of milk do you drink and why? Do you drink raw milk or pastuerized, homogenized milk? I tried raw milk back when I used to drink milk a lot and I did not notice any difference from homogenized milk in any way. In fact, I actually just thought of it as kind of an easy way to knock up the price of milk. Raw milkers seem to claim that there is beneficial bacteria in it which is completely necessary.....however in that case....isn't there beneficial bacteria in all foods and does that mean we should eat them all raw without cooking? From what I've heard, there is a chance of getting TB or brucelosis from raw dairy. It is all confusing, there is so much propaganda. Post your thoughts.

Back