home roll-out mats? greatmats.com

ddman

White Belt
@White
Reaction score
I am interested in obtaining some mats for home use - mainly for personal drills and practicing technique with friends, and even light rolling. I may also transport these mats to another location from time to time. I'm looking at a size min of 10'10', but I have an area 11' x-13' I can use.

I am very interested in the 1.25" flexi-roll mats by dollamur, but they want to charge me 300 dollars shipping to Canada. 2 - 5'x10' mats cost 500 USD plus 300 dollars shipping to Canada.

GreatMats . com has very similar mats for $558 USD for 2 - 5'x10' roll out mats, but does not charge shipping to Canada according to their shipping calculator. I'm going to confirm this on Monday.

Tatami Surface Roll Up Home Mat from greatmats.com
1553_large.jpg

I've read 2 dozen sherdog threads relating to mats, but I haven't found a review on greatmats.com roll-out mats. Are they comparable to the flexi-roll Dollamur's?

They actually cost more than dollamur's roll out mat... but since they offer free shipping to Canada, it's 240 dollars cheaper.

Well, I e-mailed greatmats.com and dollamur to see what exactly is the difference in their products.

I was hoping somebody on sherdog had used their roll-out mats and would know if they are as good as the dollamur flexi-roll mats.

If the greatmats.com roll-out mats are exactly the same as the dollamur flexi-roll mats, then it would be good for Canadians to order them if there is no shipping. For americans, it would be cheaper to order the dollamur mats since it's free shipping.

I've heard good things about the 1 & 5/8th inch puzzle Judo mats from greatmats.com, they are selling for the same price or cheaper than 7/8th inch mats being sold in Canada.

I'm so happy the Canadian dollar is worth more than the american dollar, it gives us Canucks so many more options.

Well, there is shipping apparently on the mats to Canadian residents, I'll be getting a quote sent to me soon.

Also, the mats are "Swain" mats, according to David from greatmats.com
They are exactly the same it appears.

I would definitely be interested to hear what they end up charging you for shipping... and if you have to pay any duties/brokerage fees when your package crosses the border.

Basically, a flexi-roll, or roll-out 1.25 inch mats 10'x10' would cost me $800+, and a 12'x12' would cost me $1000+ because of shipping, taxes, duties etc.

But, I did score a deal,a gentleman is willing to sell me 1 and 5/8th Judo mats for 30 dollars a mat. Only thing is, I have to buy all of them(25-27), and pick them up or pay for shipping . In total I would have 16'x16' of Judo Mats for around 1000 dollars. I don't need 280 square feet though.

Hello, I'm back and still looking for mats.

Found something very similar to the Swain Dollamur mats, they're Reevo Rollout Mats.

Since they're Canadian website/company the shipping is only 20 dollars. That saves me 300 dollars. Now, how good are these mats?

The mats are new products, and they display them on the front page.
HATASHITA.COM

Does anybody know anything about Reevo?

I built my own using some 2x4's, sheets of plywood, carpet padding and a tarp. 209sq ft of 2.5" mats for just short of 300 bucks FTW. They are a joy to roll and throw on.

I built my own using some 2x4's, sheets of plywood, carpet padding and a tarp. 209sq ft of 2.5" mats for just short of 300 bucks FTW. They are a joy to roll and throw on.

That sounds like a decent idea. Could you post pictures?

I would definately like to see pictures and get instructions on how you put it together. Also what kind of tarp did you use? Oh and how well does it work for stand up? Is it too squishy?

1 and a half years later I finally have mats. 140 square feet. 14 mats total.

they say "gold mat" on them, so I think these are it.
OlympicMats.com - Gold Mat

They are roughly 23mm thick, 1 meter tall/wide. So 10 square feet per mat. I bought 14 of them for 78 dollars total, and had the thrift store deliver them to me. Considering places like bushido sells 20mm thick mats for 21 dollars each and the 25 mm ones for 26 dollars, I think I got a steal. Bushido doesn't charge 450 dollars shipping like greatmats, but they still charge a lot even though they're Canadian as well.

If I bought the gold mats brand new from olympic mats and had them shipped I would be looking at 10x the cost.

is there a Canadian market for roll mats i've been debating getting some in but haven't yet as i think the shipping was pretty high from overseas

Back