Home mats

jdank327

White Belt
Reaction score
I want to get home mats. i had a couple of questions

- i was wondering what size do you think i should get? 10x10 ?
- what should i be ready to spend?
-what brands should i look for?
- does anyone know where i can get good used mats?

i want quality, but they do not have to be the best mats out there. Any feed back will be appreciated

Tiffin mats. Dollamur, Swain are all good mats but are really expensive new. You might have some luck on Craiglist or Ebay.

How about 4-6" of ethafoam covered by a tarp for a poor-man's mat?

I want to get home mats. i had a couple of questions

- i was wondering what size do you think i should get? 10x10 ?
- what should i be ready to spend?
-what brands should i look for?
- does anyone know where i can get good used mats?

i want quality, but they do not have to be the best mats out there. Any feed back will be appreciated

check all the high schools in your area seeing as how wrestling season just ended there may be a school that lookin to get rid of some mats that you can cut and shape how you like....or you can do like we used to do and buy some puzzle mats from gi joes or whatever sporting goods stores are in ur area..

Go to Resilite - Home Use Mats and look at their home use mats. Their prices are fair, and the mats are EXCELLENT. They are the same mats you see used by wrestling teams at most high schools and colleges. I've rolled on other mats but Resilites are the best. If you know any wrestlers, they will tell you, and maybe they can show you some mats where they train. Resilites are available in 10 x 10 sizes, or larger if you have the space and the money for larger. They are also easy to clean completely, and you can use both sides, and you can expect them to last for at least a decade or more.

Good luck

i got mine from matsmatsmats.com. they were 12x12 and perfect for home use. a solid 3-500 bucks you want to spend for good mats.

i got my set from championmats.com they are great, 1 5/8 inch thick, and good for some throws. My only suggestion is maybe to get a bit larger than a 10x10 area. That is the size that I got, and all it takes is a sweep and you go from one end to the other pretty much. It is better than nothing though.

I have the swain flexi roll mats from dollamur, they come in a 10x10 square and are of high quality. They weigh like two pounds each so moving them is easy.

Back