Home Gyms

I have not found a home gym on the market that I really thought was nice. Go for a pro setup if you can afford it.

Not boxing related, but believe it or not the Total Gym works great for me. You won't get ripped from it, but it is great for a two hr warm up then to hit the gym with the HR already higher than normal. It is a bitch to learn the exercises since there are many and because I am tall 6'6" you sometimes come close to hitting your head, but like I said it is great for a good warm up prior to hitting the gym.

dboy420 said:
I have not found a home gym on the market that I really thought was nice. Go for a pro setup if you can afford it.

What would be an example of that? Something like this?:
Ringside Industrial Strength Boxing Gym

What is it you don't like about the Top Contender?

I already belong to a gym; I'd just like some bags for technique work and conditioning at home.

http://www.ringside.com/DETAIL.ASPX?ID=24854 a little better same price but takes up more room
the top contender looks like it isnt very stable and will wobble, noise when working the bags. I have never used it personally but i dont htink the contender set is worht that much money.

For that price, buy some scaffolding and pay sum1 to weld it together, much cheaper. I was gonna do that, but I'm just gonna put one bar accross my garage instead of building a self supporting frame.

Back