Home Brew Kit

PhilCam

Go Big Red!
@Black
Reaction score
Happy Holidays all!

I am doing some last minute Christmas shopping and want to purchase a home brewing kit for my brother. Because I procrastinated, I've limited my options to things that I can buy in-store.

I've noticed that there is a "Mr. Beer" home brewing kit that is available at pharmacies (is that the correct plural form??) and chain stores. However, its only $30 and I'm a little concerned that "self-brewing" beer could be so cheap.

Basically, is anyone familiar with the Mr. Beer brewing kit? Or does anyone know any other options that I could pick up in-store? My budget for this is probably around $100.

Thanks!

good investment, cool hobby, and you have fun doing it.

I got my brother a Mr Beer kit a couple years ago and it worked well for getting him started. He's moved on from it since then but it was definitely a good way for someone new to the hobby to learn a bit.

Mr. Beer is fine if you want to make some simple stuff in very small quantities.

I'd recommend a real kit. They run from about $50 to $100 depending on the equipment. Any local home brew shop should have one, where do you live?

Okay, I'm not sure whats going on with Sherdog.

I tried to click "quote" to reply to you guys directly, but it takes me to a twitter page. Weird.

Anyway, thanks for the input Walken.

And Shadface, that looks awesome, but I don't think its something I could buy at a store.

OSUdude - I live in Lincoln, NE, but I am leaving immediately after work and going to Alabama. I'll be in the Montgomery area and thats where I would need to buy the beer kit from.

Back