Hollywood vs. Hendo

Anyone know where the Hollywood nickname comes from? When i first started watching MMA his nickname was Hollywood, so i tend to associate that with him, but it doesn't really make any sense. He's not from Hollywood and he doesn't really fit any "hollywood" characteristics.

i believe that was the idea. ironical, if you will. the idea being that hendo was the antithesis of hollywood with his laid back personality and rather simple- non-fastlane home lifestyle. so hes a californian that does not fit the hollywood image that some people immediately think of when they think of california.

I cant stand a dude that plays with his hair all the fucking time and pretends like he's posing for a photoshoot

You don't like watching fighters fight at their physical peak?

I do. You just brought up a good question. Is "physical peak" for a fighter when s/he is on TRT, or no? There should be a limit for what is allowed and disallowed for multiple reasons. One of them is to maintain an equal playing field. Another factor is the health of each fighter. There are other reasons.

Hollywood doesn't even make sense for him, he grew up in Apple Valley, i'ts nothing like Hollywood!

I cant stand a dude that plays with his hair all the fucking time and pretends like he's posing for a photoshoot

mark-wahlberg.gif

What does that have to do with anything about "Hollywood vs. Hendo" or Dan Henderson himself?

Also, why do you care about such superficial nonsense, especially for another man?

I do. You just brought up a good question. Is "physical peak" for a fighter when s/he is on TRT, or no?

imo fighters are at their physical peak on trt. It allows you to recover much faster,so you can work much harder. I think it should be mandatory for fighters to be on it.

imo fighters are at their physical peak on trt. It allows you to recover much faster,so you can work much harder. I think it should be mandatory for fighters to be on it.

It also allows you to push your old man body harder than you normally could and rupture your MCL...

Where do you draw the line then if TRT is permitted? Would TRT be the only approved enhancing substance?

I'm unsure that fighters are at each of their peaks when on TRT. That just doesn't seem to hold up for consistency.

I agree with this

Also theres nothing "Hollywood" about Dan

If I remember right, when Dan first came on the scene his team mates used to tease him about being too good looking for MMA (yup true story). That is where the Hollywood name came from.

Then he became Dangerous Dan or Decision Dan in about the same time. While he had power, he got a ton of controversial decision wins. And then he became Hendo and HBomb after.

I like Hollywood.

He was decision Dan for a bit...not anymore

It also allows you to push your old man body harder than you normally could and rupture your MCL...

Haha, not a bad hypothetical scenario.

From what I've read about TRT, the following statement seems to be a major concern...if a young person, whose body produces a certain level of testosterone that doesn't require extra-external testosterone (TRT,) but the person takes the TRT anyways for a long period of time, the body will adjust to producing a diminished level of internal testosterone.

^^if that's inaccurate, then scratch that.

Where do you draw the line then if TRT is permitted? Would TRT be the only approved enhancing substance?

I'm unsure that fighters are at each of their peaks when on TRT. That just doesn't seem to hold up for consistency.

I think everything should be legal. I know that sounds crazy.

Back