• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

News Holly Holm has signed a new 6 fight deal; title shot expected with 1-2 more wins

Welp, I guess she only needs one more win before she gets to kick someone in the head to get the belt, Randy style.

She had a beautiful performance tonight. Even got a 10-8 by one judge’s criteria I believe (or maybe that was a Sherdog play by play score, can’t remember.)

135 is dead as shit, so yeah, she's gonna get a other shot

Holm is stocked full of more juice than an Usman & Son's Discount Pharmacy, so do not worry about her age.
I have seen some real killers in boxing that age. Not everyone quits as at they turn 30 or 35.

She's the oldest WMMA fighter on the roster, turning 42 in October. She should be strongly be considering what she's going to do with the rest of her life after her imminent retirement.

The whole 'get married & have kids' era of her life has expired.

I get she's still in very good shape but she's far far past her prime.

She's been gifted title shots before I wouldn't be surprised if she gets them again. I enjoyed her win against Yana today.

41 years old. If she wins two and gets a title shot then that division is a joke
Even if she wins those two fights, at UFC's pace she'll be 45 before she gets her title shot.
<{clintugh}>

I don't hate her, but please can someone legitimately beat her? I just want things to progress.

Then I guess welterweight and heavyweight division is a joke too.
Nah, heavyweight is cuz it's always been shit technically. Welterweight is it's own case because of all the divas at the top

She has had an incredible career across two sports, winning championships in boxing as well as MMA.

But Father Time is undefeated. 41 years old with a ton of fight miles on her…this is a recipe for a really tough retirement, and painful golden years.

She has had an incredible career across two sports, winning championships in boxing as well as MMA.

But Father Time is undefeated. 41 years old with a ton of fight miles on her…this is a recipe for a really tough retirement, and painful golden years.
uh have you seen the average level of competition in her division(s)? She'll have bad results if she fights someone like Amanda Nunes. I can't think of another fighter that would come anywhere close to that level of punching power.

uh have you seen the average level of competition in her division(s)? She'll have bad results if she fights someone like Amanda Nunes. I can't think of another fighter that would come anywhere close to that level of punching power.

I hope you’re right.

She was a big draw after beating Ronda. I’m not sure if she still is, but she’s pretty well liked by the crowd. And she’s probably still able to beat any BW not named Amanda.

So this new contract isn’t even surprising to me. I just wonder when she hits a brick wall so to speak in the cage.

Back