Holly Holm "Coaches have literally lost sleep over arlovski vs overeem"

Hazuki Ryo

Brown Belt
@Brown
Reaction score
http://www.mmafighting.com/2016/2/2...aches-have-literally-lost-sleep-over-alistair

As we thought, it's not a fight coaches and fighters from a same gym appreciate. Even though Overeem tried to shake it off saying they are "not friends", Holly says they had to do a coach meeting to deal with it. They obviously will have different coaches to train them.

Holm added that UFC almost matched her up with sarah kaufman, who was her training partner, before giving her the title shot instead. Said that jackson wink is used to deal with that kind of thing, but overeem-arkovski is the toughest they had.

look how pissed they are

Screen_Shot_2014-08-25_at_9.47.01_AM.0.png

Jack-Wink had trouble over the years with teamate fighting. Sanchez change camp when he was close to a title shot, Rashad Vs Bones, Gsp/Condit. must really be a pain in the a** for a coach

If overeem manages to lose this one...

Didn't Overeem say in an interview that hes not friends with Arlovski? Looks like someone should've told Andrei.

Ouch.

The UFC and its shit matchmaking. I hope they make Cormier vs Cain very soon right after Cormier loses to Jones.

I find it hard to believe 90% of that gym isn't rooting for AA.

Last edited:
The conspiracy theorist in me, and I think this part of me is a piece of shit asshole, believes Dana did this as a fuck you to Jackson-Wink for the what they did to his womanchild Honda Housey

The UFC and its shit matchmaking. I hope they make Cormier vs Cain very soon right after Cormier loses to Jones.

Would love to see this fight. I've been calling for it for awhile. I think DC would mrk Cain.

I understand the challenge for the coaches. I also think that the idea is really stupid WITHOUT a clear buy in from the brass in the camp.

I am not saying at all that this might be a grapplefest between two otherwise solid power strikers. I am saying however that IF something of this nature DID wind up taking place, that hindsight is 20/20 and the UFC brass would look retarded! Let's hope for fireworks, but NOT flame Alistair, Andrea or the camp if it is a dud!

lol they sure look pissed, Overeem got this one in the bag

Back