Holloway wants December fight; would rematch Conor ifl need be

So does Faber, that would be a good co-main to Edgar/Mendes fight at the TUF finale

Holloway is definitely getting better, but I still don't think he will beat Conor.

I'd be okay with a Oliveira rematch, but Holloway was already getting comfortable even though it was a short fight. I think it'd be a UD for him, maybe a late finish (against Oliveira).

If they went with Hollway/Edgar and Mendes/Stephens or Do Bronx, they could've had Max ready to fill in on a moments notice. Instead, he's stuck in limbo for now.

Max is in a shit position like Cub was in where he just kept fighting contenders until he eventually lost. He'll most likely fight Stephens.

Holloway has to wait for Aldo vs Mcgregor 1 and 2, factor in Aldo's injury delays that'd be about a year wait. He should fight Faber before a Mcgregor rematch.

No discrespect to Max, but he's really overrated fighter, only one top 10 win in Swanson and Edgar took Swanson's soul. He should fight Jeremy Stephens

I want to see a rematch with Olveira. But if that doesn't happen I'd love to see him fight Stephens or Faber.

No discrespect to Max, but he's really overrated fighter, only one top 10 win in Swanson and Edgar took Swanson's soul. He should fight Jeremy Stephens

Why is he overrated???

Entered the UFC at 19 (!) years old, made his debut fight against Poirier.
Is now 10-3 in the UFC and only 23 years old. Only losses Poirier (debut fight, talk about being thrown to the wolves), Bermudez (also a stud) and McGregor (Interim champ and Holloway is the only one who went the distance with him).
After the Conor loss now on a 7 fight win streak (tied with Aldo) with 6 finishes (although I don't really see the Oliveira fight as a finish).

What's overrated about all that?

I would love to see him fighting Stephens in december and then fighting Aldo or McGregor for the belt if he wins.

I really like Max, but his best chance of getting the belt is when Conor goes to lightweight, the rematch would not end well for max, Max's style would offer a great stand up war and he has improved greatly, but Conor has as least as much ability on the feet and he has huge power to back it up.

I really like Max, but his best chance of getting the belt is when Conor goes to lightweight, the rematch would not end well for max, Max's style would offer a great stand up war and he has improved greatly, but Conor has as least as much ability on the feet and he has huge power to back it up.

Why would the rematch not end well for him? He did went the distance with Conor. And this was 2 years ago, he has improved immensly. Conor (who I think is a great fighter) hasn't improved that much. I would still slightly favor Conor in the rematch, but it wouldn't suprise me if Max could get the win.

Anyway, I would love to see the rematch, I think it would be a fantastic fight.

Back