Holdsworth: I'm The Real Deal [facing Chico Camus]

Rebel_LioN

Silver Belt
@Silver
Reaction score

He was awarded his blue belt from the legendary Royce Gracie, his purple belt by Rener, Ryron and Rorion Gracie, and was awarded his brown and black belt by Marc Laimon. At age 21 he was one of the youngest BJJ black belts in the US. - According to Wiki

Don't really know much about him, does his ground game check out? I've only seen him fight once. How does he stack up against Chico Camus who I also don't know really much about.

Wish he was still fighting kang. Damn

His standup is pretty good too! He could go far in his division

He's going to tool Chico.

Despite their "bridesmaid status" Team Alpha Male is full of killers

Don't really know much about him, does his ground game check out? I've only seen him fight once. How does he stack up against Chico Camus who I also don't know really much about.

On TUF it did check out

I've only seen his fight against Davey Grant. His takedowns looked rather weak but he was definitely above-average once he got it to the ground. I'm not sold on him and don't think he deserves to be such a big favorite against Camus, but I do think he has potential to be a good fighter IF he can put it together.

I only saw him in the TUF finale and he looked ok. His opponent was a bit green. His BJJ worked, but it looked like it needed more MMA adaptation.
He probably can go far if he works hard.

Threads like this confirm my belief that if you don't watch TUF, you aren't a fan of the sport.

How the fuck can you not know a guy who has finished everyone he's fought, and buzz sawed through multiple undefeated opponents on TUF.

Chris Holdsworth -360
Chico Camus +300

hmmm tempting....

Why did Harry Potter come to mind when I read the thread title?

What happened to the Kang fight? I was excited to see all the korean weeaboos cry.

man too bad Kang got hurt, that would have been a sick fight. Grappling exchanges would have been very exciting

I thought "Allan Holdsworth", when I read the thread title at first. But yeah. CH is the real deal and I think he can take it far. I see him as another TJ Dillashaw type with ever improving striking to eventually truly compliment his grappling.

Back