HOAs suck

Sombitchs didnt mow it again this time. Dude walked by carrying a weed eater and I said would you mow the bank along the lake and he said that needs a weed eater. I guess the stupid fucker was oblivious to what he was carrying. Then it started raining again and the bitches left. They have it down to an art only coming on days it rains and never finishing the job. Weeds are 3 feet high now along the bank of the lake.

Our HOA blows. The dues come to about an additional $100 a month or so. Half the HOA members don't pay (or can't) and they don't do shit about it. The roads are awful... I've seriously driven down bombed out roads in Afghanistan that were in better shape. Oh, and the security is useless; half the beach is occupied by members that aren't even from around here.
Thank God we've got an accepted offer on our place... hope the entire Lake community gets swallowed by a super massive sinkhole.

Home Owners Association. Most every neighborhood has a lawyer living there. One of the first things an HOA does is reach out to him/her for pro bono representation. That way they can hassle you for free but you have to hire someone to fight back. We can’t even cut down a tree without approval from the architectural committee.

what kind of shitty lawyer does pro bono work for an HOA ?

what kind of shitty lawyer does pro bono work for an HOA ?
I hear you. But the point is since it's free for the HOA, nothing deters it from slinging shit at every opportunity. Meanwhile, since homeowners would have to hire an attorney they oftentimes just cave in. Makes you wish for a loser-pays court system.

I have seen some horrible ones at work. We get HOAs calling the PD to try and enforce HOAZ rules. The most self righteous pricks you will ever meet are on HOA boards.

My old place in the IE had an HOA but they were awesome. Just maintained the greenbelt and left everything else alone.

They seem very bad in condos and town homes followed by high end communities.

Back