Hip heists and sit outs from turtle? (No gi)

biscuitsbrah

Amateur Fighter
@Gold
Reaction score
Can these wrestling moves be effective in grappling where they can lock hands and threaten the choke?

Also, for the wrestlers of f12. What is your favorite way of chaining escapes from turtle to get back to your feet?

i.e. sit out to granby, granby to switch, sit out to stand up etc.

No need to granby. Just hit the switch hard from turtle.

I do a short shit to stand up when I feel safe with the wrist control that I have. I've also done a long sit to escape a number of times in bjj rolls. I use switches sometimes in transition, like a standing switch or if he's trying to crash me after a sitout. it seems like guys who are good enough to require me to chain escapes together don't usually have their hands in the traditional wrestling positions to allow me to hit a switch. I don't hit a switch first like someone else suggested, because imo getting control of the opponent's hands (at least one anyway) is really important from turtle.

I don't hit Granby rolls in bjj because my goal is to get the guy off my back and a Granby seems like one of the less optimal ways to do that.

PSA: it should be noted that these are the thoughts of someone who is absolutely not an expert in bjj. I could certainly be wrong.

Switch and heists as a wrestler here. Hit em hard and outwork the jiu jiteiro. Most bjj guys despite being great at bjj mishandle scrambles against wrasslers giving us a particjlar advantage in that area. Can still lose of course but its an area bjj has a folly in.

When their weight is on your shoulders you move with your hips, when their weight is on your hips you move by posting with your arms/shoulders.

Telles 101

Back